What's new

Boost the volume on iPhone 4?

xesvuli420

Reaction score
How can I increase the speaker volume on this phone?

Ive read about modding the file SystemSoundMaximunVolume.plist, but it
seems this only works with older phones, as I can't find it on mine.

Anyone have any ideas

(no apps please)

Thanks

the volume is already very loud i dont imagine being in a place where you cant hear it.. apart from a club where the music is nice and loud

The ringers are fine, the alerts are fine, it's when I place a call on speakerphone I have a problem. I can't be driving, or watching tv unless I hold the phone close to my head.

You can't "boost" the volume on your phone. now why would you want to do that? I mean you can't increase something that is hardware dependent. there isn't a piece of software that can change your hardware. otherwise I would be a rich man.

1337Skittles said:
You can't "boost" the volume on your phone. now why would you want to do that? I mean you can't increase something that is hardware dependent. there isn't a piece of software that can change your hardware. otherwise I would be a rich man.

Sure you can, it's called software! Software controls the hardware! Just like the 3gs, a HACK to the SOFTWARE will allow a louder speaker!

I wanted to know if there was 1 for gen 4, and so far no one knows of one

I would worry increasing the volume above designed limits would not only distort the sound, but shorten the life of the speakers dramatically :(.

CP

How can I increase the speaker volume on this phone?

Ive read about modding the file SystemSoundMaximunVolume.plist, but it
seems this only works with older phones, as I can't find it on mine.

Anyone have any ideas

(no apps please)

Thanks

I Increased mine go to Cydia and Type in Volume Boost and its there it works real good.

bab2010 said:
That boost what kinda volume on the device I'm asking to know. The hole device volume system or only the iPod volume?

Tbh I have not checked that out, it works on the iPod section with a noticeable difference, it will use mire battery but it won't cave your ears in :).

CP

I have never found any app from cydia or the appstore that worked for boosting volume.

Here is how to do it. You must be jailbroken:

download ":iFile" and navigate to /System/Library/private frameworks/Celestial.framework/RegionalVolumeLimits.plist

Now you va do one of two things: change the code of volume limit, or delete the whole plist. I have never tried deleting the whole plist tho, was just told that it works.

any way open "RegionalVolumeLimits.plist" with text viewer and change all

"0.82999999999999996" to "1.0"

You cannot just type in "1", It must be "1.0"

Enjoy your boosted volume:)