What's new

Vanishing storage space overnight.

Ledsteplin

Reaction score
Has anyone with an iPhone 5 had this happen? This occurred on my 4 last July. I went from 1.4 gb available space to 523 mb overnight with no apparent reason for it. The Verizon tech found nothing and patched me to an Apple tech, who also found no cause for it. The only thing I had done was update 2 apps. One went from 48 mb to 122 mb in app size. So that was a small part. After talking with Verizon again, they offered to let me upgrade 5 months early to the 5. Since I don't know what caused that to occur, I'm concerned it may happen again. Any thoughts out there?

Has anyone with an iPhone 5 had this happen? This occurred on my 4 last July. I went from 1.4 gb available space to 523 mb overnight with no apparent reason for it. The Verizon tech found nothing and patched me to an Apple tech, who also found no cause for it. The only thing I had done was update 2 apps. One went from 48 mb to 122 mb in app size. So that was a small part. After talking with Verizon again, they offered to let me upgrade 5 months early to the 5. Since I don't know what caused that to occur, I'm concerned it may happen again. Any thoughts out there?

May be the apps file u downloaded creating a cache files on its own.... Go to the setting general usage and view the data created by the specific apps..... If it due to the cache then u should download a cache remover like idelete in the apple apps store

May be the apps file u downloaded creating a cache files on its own.... Go to the setting general usage and view the data created by the specific apps..... If it due to the cache then u should download a cache remover like idelete in the apple apps store

Thanks. No problems like that on my 5. Not yet.