What's new

Was Verizon Fair?

Did Verizon Treat Me Fairly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seeing you asked, It was you that broke the phone, You should of noticed that you were causing some damage to the phone.

Seeing you asked, It was you that broke the phone, You should of noticed that you were causing some damage to the phone.

Try reading the thread before posting. I was telling the tech the phone was being damaged, but at that point it already was damaged so wasn't much I could do. I spent an hour and 50 minutes to pull the SIM. All I needed to do was pop it out, not pull like he told me. There's your mini refresher.

He had me on hold for 45 minutes while he talked to Apple who probably told him in two minutes to pull the SIM. He just didn't know how to do it. Otherwise he would have suggested a paper clip, not a safety pin and he wouldn't of tld me to pull.

Try reading the thread before posting. I was telling the tech the phone was being damaged, but at that point it already was damaged so wasn't much I could do. I spent an hour and 50 minutes to pull the SIM. All I needed to do was pop it out, not pull like he told me. There's your mini refresher.

He had me on hold for 45 minutes while he talked to Apple who probably told him in two minutes to pull the SIM. He just didn't know how to do it. Otherwise he would have suggested a paper clip, not a safety pin and he wouldn't of tld me to pull.

I did read it, I still say you should of known better than to trash the phone, A new one at that, I am sorry that it happened and think you are lucky you got things taken care of.

I did read it, I still say you should of known better than to trash the phone, A new one at that, I am sorry that it happened and think you are lucky you got things taken care of.

lol. First, sorry for snapping at you, I'm a little burned out on talking about the phone.

You gotta look at the big picture. First day with the phone, overly excited, so much that I was so absorbed into just getting it on line that I did allow it to go further then it should of. I knew absolutely nothing about what I was doing, that didn't help either.

That's why I got so angry when I saw how the SIM card actually came out. And if I don't get a replacement, and that's possible, then I'll keep it as is.

If for any reason I get a message saying no SIM card, I will then take it for a swim and get a refurb. It's just that simple. Still the tech did not give me proper instructions, not even close so Verizon still is responsible. There would have been some damage no matter what.

In addition... don't all Customer Service Centers record calls for "Quality Assurance?!?" I'd think there would be an audio recording of your conversation w/ the Cust. Service Rep. that'll prove he told you to go ahead w/ what you were doing.

In addition... don't all Customer Service Centers record calls for "Quality Assurance?!?" I'd think there would be an audio recording of your conversation w/ the Cust. Service Rep. that'll prove he told you to go ahead w/ what you were doing.

Yes, I have a buddy who worked at Verizon and today I have someone who is going to look into it. They are probably going to listen to the conversation and determine what to do from that.

As far as promising to pay the deductible, they don't feel that was an admission of doing anything wrong. They say that was just Verizon trying to be good to the customer. They swear the original order said I did not order insurance, it's my word against theirs and I have nothing to back it up..

So hopefully when they hear what happened they will do the right thing. If not, I'm just stuck. This man said today he was going to take the insurance off and I said don't you dare, you never know what else might happen to this phone like if it got wet. He kind of chuckled a little and said true and I said I have no intentions of doing anything like that but it would be a completely different claim. He agreed. And I still don't have any intentions, the only way I would do that is if the sim card slides. If you looked at my phone you wouldn't notice anything wrong unless you examined closely.

So I should find out by Tuesday what Verizon will do.

For those of you rooting for me and those of you who aren't. :)

I THINK I am now working with a Supervisor in Rochester, NY. He told me he wanted to talk to the techs supervisor and listen to the tape of the call. He said he did not get a response and offered to send me out a case to "hide" the damage.

I told him thank you, I already have a leather case I use and the only thing I want him to send me out was a new iPHone. He said he has to listen to the tape first. "What if there isn't a tape?" (they called me). He said they have to look.

He kept pushing the case and I politely told him no thanks. I had the distinct feeling if I took the case it would have been, "well, we sent you a case so you are accommodated" and I wold get the short end of the stick.

One of the things he said that troubled me was that "They can refuse to send us that tape if they don't want us to have it." Red Flag IMHO

I have a friend who worked at Verizon as a CSR and he's giving me some advice on how to deal with him. He did tell me not to back down. And I'll have a surprising request if he says he still doesn't have it or can't get it. Don't want to show all my cards, I'll update again and let you all know how it goes.

Oh and if you are one of the ones who doesn't think I should get anything, I don't have a problem with that you are entitled to your opinion. All I ask is you be respectful if you wish to comment, nothing more.

I am truly shocked it has had to go this far. Verizon has already wasted more time and money than the cost of replacing the iPhone out right.

I'm surprised a bit but I do see their point. I mean it wasn't them that actually did the damage, but you would think since I paid full price for the phone they would cut me some slack, specially since it's not even 2 weeks with the phone. CSR's I spoke with have all been helpful as they can be but they apparently don't have the authority for something like this.

I just found the original order. The insurance is on there. I am on the phone again with another rep to see if we can't do the insurance thing. They told me they checked the original order and it wasn't on there but I have it in front of me. My wife's at 6.99 and mine at 9.99.

When I discovered the proof that I did request insurance on the phone on Tuesday I was told by the CSR that her supervisor wanted me to fax it to them so they could bypass some things and get the ball rolling. She gave me her first and last name, supervisors first and last name, and said if I had any questions to call customer service and they will call me back.

I got the fax to them at 5:50 est. Around 6:30 I called to make sure they had received it. I did as she said and an email was sent to her. She got back to me a few minutes before closing. She had no answer on the fax.

They start at 7:00 est so I waited until 10:00 next day. I got the CSR to send her an email asking if she received the tax. She got back to me by text saying she had nothing new to tell, still waiting on information for fax. So I called back and said she didn't answer my question, did you receive the fax?

About 4:00 pm I adn't heard anything so I again attempted to contact her by having a CSR send an email. The first CSR seemed to have disconnected, the second said he couldn't do that. So I had to explain the whole story to him then finally he said he got it. He sent her an emil to call me. I said no, please ask her if she got what she needed.

Around 4:30 on Wednesday she called me, told me her boss had not been in all day and since the fax was addressed to her she didn't know. I had already sent off a second copy by this time.

Thursday around 10:00 she text me to tell me her boss was there today. At 10:30 she text me and said they had the fax and were examining it. Examining it? For what, it showed I ordered the insurance during the preorder.

At around 2:30 pm I requested a call. She called and said some people had to look at it. I told her that considering the amount of time this has taken I was disappointed. I had hopped to file a claim that day. Now at this point she is starting it seems to me to sound a little negative. I said OK, well you are there until 7 so hopefully you will have something for me because you won't be back until Monday. She said don't worry, that even if she wasn't there a Supervisor would get word to me on what was going on.

At 7:00 pm I got a text saying that it was still being investigated and there would be no more news until Monday. That's exactly what I said would happen.

By Monday it will be 11 days since I tried to get this matter taken care of. As far as I'm concerned Verizon is responsible for the damage due to improper instructions and I'm allowing them to use the insurance because they are reimbursing the copay and that was the quickest way to resolve it. Either set it up so I can make a claim or send me another phone.

I have an ace up my sleeve that I don't want to discuss here but will use if things don't go well. I'll update again on Monday.

Again I know some people don't think I should even get the insurance claim, and I'm OK with any opinions you have. All I ask is that you be respectful if you respond.

It seems as if they've spent more time, effort and money into stonewalling you than it would have cost to simply replace your phone. Maybe they think that if they keep asking you to jump through enough hoops for them, you'll tire of the process and go quietly away. Some companies just don't like customers who insist on standing up for their rights. I hope you manage to make them see the error of their ways.