What's new

Updating iPhone 5s

f69tele

Reaction score
I have a 5S still running ios 7.0.3 should I update to 9.2.1?

Will it run better or mess it up?

Thx

I don't remember what ios7 was like but iOS 9 is definitely better than 8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will it mess anything up to jump from 7 up to ios 9?

No, it won't. It's a huge step from iOS 7 to 9.2.1, so better use iTunes to update your iPhone.

Ok thanks. So will it run better? As is, it's getting to where Safari shuts down for no reason. Will updating help with that?

The reason I have not updated is because my Mac is still running snow leopard and an old version of iTunes. If I update, I understand it will no longer sync with my old version of iTunes.

Ok thanks. So will it run better? As is, it's getting to where Safari shuts down for no reason. Will updating help with that?

The reason I have not updated is because my Mac is still running snow leopard and an old version of iTunes. If I update, I understand it will no longer sync with my old version of iTunes.
Correct. You'd have to update to the latest version of iTunes along with updating the OS X version on your Mac.

Gotcha. Updating the Mac is not an option due to the costly upgrades of third party software/programs I'm using. So I'm forced to update ios via wifi and losing itunes connectivity.

If possible, update on someone else's computer with the latest iTunes version installed. Updating from iOS 7 to 9 over the air might cause some problems.
Maybe you can use a friend's computer, or a computer at work.

Make sure there's a most recent backup before updating.