What's new

desimlock 5s

carlos01

Reaction score
Im new in this formun and i need to know desimlock method of my 5S. thx

Welcome to the forum.

That sounds like something your telephone provider will need to sort out for you

Can you go into a bit more detail as to exactly what the problem is ?

Hello, i cancel my contract with softbank yesterday after 2,5 years due to my repatriation soon to EU. Im expat in Japan. So after contract cancellation i ask them to unlock my iphone 5s and they told me that at the time 7/2014 they did not have agreements with apple to desimlock iphones. So now I have 5s and cannot use. Please help. Thx

Thank you for the explanation. I don't know how the law stands in Japan, but in Canada only the provider with whom you hold your contract can unlock your phone. Perhaps it would be worth contacting Apple to see whether they are capable of unlocking your phone, And if not then take it up with the telephone provider again.

They told me to chey in google how to make sim unlock.... so no comment after that. I will check with Apple Store but i think they will ask me to go again to softbank. Looks like both companies are pushing me to do something not legal..

From what I've found SoftBank themselves won't unlock iPhones locked to their network. All I've found were loads of third party unlocking services which may or may not be legal.

So what must i do? Do you have some idea or link or software to unlock my own and payed phone. Thx in advance for support and advice.

Following Apple Support "unlocking" link to SoftBank yields this page.

ソフトバンクの携帯電話を他社で利用する / SIMロック解除 | SIMロック解除、他社製品でのソフトバンクのご利用について確認する | お客さまサポート | モバイル | ソフトバンク

I have no idea whether it will be useful. The Apple support site mentions that only your carrier can unlock your phone.

I don't believe we have ever found a genuine third party solution to this problem. There are many claims but little evidence.