What's new

The "Anything Goes " Thread.

Chris951 said:
Thats not good and not smart either. I was getting 12mpg in my mustang. I sold it and bought a 4 cylinder turbo eagle talon. I enjoy 30mpg with just about the same power as my mustang lol

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

I'm pulling around 540hp in my '88 and I get 22 city and 24 hwy miles. If I stay out out the throttle that is.

I'm pulling around 540hp in my '88 and I get 22 city and 24 hwy miles. If I stay out out the throttle that is.

I'm guessing you're boosted then? Because no way in hell is a most likely stroked and built NA Stang getting that kind of mileage lol. My 91 had 3.73 gears and a b303 cam and it just sucked gas at idle. It needed a tune really bad which I'm sure was a main reason of the bad mpg. I had a stock 87 with 3.27 gears and it got 24-25 highway. And my 88 with gt40 heads and intake, stock cam, and 4.10 gears got 18 highway.

Chris951 said:
I'm guessing you're boosted then? Because no way in hell is a most likely stroked and built NA Stang getting that kind of mileage lol. My 91 had 3.73 gears and a b303 cam and it just sucked gas at idle. It needed a tune really bad which I'm sure was a main reason of the bad mpg. I had a stock 87 with 3.27 gears and it got 24-25 highway. And my 88 with gt40 heads and intake, stock cam, and 4.10 gears got 18 highway.

No boost. Fully NA. No stroke either. Haha. AFR heads. Trick Flow upper and lower intakes. 72mm throttle body. Full MSD ignition and fuel management. I am running a B cam. Long tube header to X pipe. True dual 2 chamber Flow Master exhaust. Independent rear. I have also gapped my plugs at .32 instead of .54 or whatever stock is and advanced my timing 12 degrees. Under drive pulleys. Geez what else. Haha. Mine is tuned. Benefits of owning your own speed shop. I have a mustang dyno. These cars are the best.

No boost. Fully NA. No stroke either. Haha. AFR heads. Trick Flow upper and lower intakes. 72mm throttle body. Full MSD ignition and fuel management. I am running a B cam. Long tube header to X pipe. True dual 2 chamber Flow Master exhaust. Independent rear. I have also gapped my plugs at .32 instead of .54 or whatever stock is and advanced my timing 12 degrees. Under drive pulleys. Geez what else. Haha. Mine is tuned. Benefits of owning your own speed shop. I have a mustang dyno. These cars are the best.

No offence BUT you are not making 540hp with AFR heads, Trickflow intake, and a crappy b cam. That's a very mismatched combo and depending on what size the heads are, you probably are around 325-350 at best with a stock stroke 302. And there's no such thing as a 72mm throttle body.

I know many many guys running similar combos and can't break the 350 barrier. I also know guys with 347's running big 195 Canfield heads, edelbrock victor efi spyder intakes, and custom cams that are only running around 425hp. The only way to even reach 500hp without going to a 9.5 deck or running insane compression, huge h/c/i, and race fuel, is with boost. And these are engine builders and guys that have been doing it forever.

Like I said, not trying to be a dunce but I know mustangs better than anything else and I can smell bs from a mile away when it comes to these cars. No need to lie man lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn lol owned 👏

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

Happy fourth of July! I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable day :)

Hey, Ard...hope you also have a good one as well!! Saw a great firework show last night on the Lake...loved it! :)
Hey good idea....."ard"..ardchoille is a bit of a mouth full.......Hope you don't mind us shortening your name ard :)

Last edited:
Skimonkey2 said:
Hey, Ard...hope you also have a good one as well!! Saw a great firework show last night on the Lake...loved it! :)
Yes, we have the annual Lake Washington fireworks display here, it's huge. Time to pack up the cooler and some lawn chairs :)

Poisonivy said:
hey good idea....."ard"..ardchoille is a bit of a mouth full.......hope you don't mind us shortening your name ard :)
Not at all, everyone does it :)

ardchoille is taken from "Ard Choille", which is Gaelic for "to the high trees", the war cry of my clan. Hmm.. this gives me an idea for a thread.

Yes, we have the annual Lake Washington fireworks display here, it's huge. Time to pack up the cooler and some lawn chairs :)

Not at all, everyone does it :)

ardchoille is taken from "Ard Choille", which is Gaelic for "to the high trees", the war cry of my clan. Hmm.. this gives me an idea for a thread.

I love your name meaning! Yes, if we may call you Ard...that would be great. Lots of people call me "Ski," also.

By the way...your fireworks sounds like it will be grand!! Have fun!!

Skimonkey2 said:
I love your name meaning! Yes, if we may call you Ard...that would be great. Lots of people call me "Ski," also.

By the way...your fireworks sounds like it will be grand!! Have fun!!

Thanks, Ski! You too. I'd take pics but they never turn out as desired.

It is sort of hard to capture the brilliance of he fire works on our phone. Enjoy them all the same--I am sure it will be a dazzling site to see.

MwSlim said:
Use the app slow shutter I've heard it works pretty well

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

Really? I'll have to check that out. Thank you!