What's new

System wide customized keyboards with iOS 8

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has announced that with the release of iOS 8 we will have the ability to use system wide customized keyboards provided by developers. For example, this means that if Swype chooses to provide it,fans of Swype will be able use it with anything requiring a keyboard input.

Last edited:
The down speed is atrocious for the beta IPSWs.... Apple please.

Apple has announced that with the release of iOS 8 we will have the ability to use system wide customized keyboards provided by developers. For example, this means that if Swype chooses to provide it,fans of Swype will be able use it with anything requiring a keyboard input.

This is defintely good news, I really enjoyed using the Swype keyboard before moving away from Android. Hopefully the folks who make Swype will make it for iOS.

I hear SwiftKey is going to be on board, That's the best news ever for me, The SwiftKey IOS app we have at the moment is very limited so a fully functional one would be brilliant, SwiftKey is THE best keyboard out there IMO.

This is a question concerning iOS 8 Beta. Has anyone had issues restoring from iCloud after loading iOS 8 beta. I don't recall this happening when I loaded iOS 7 beta.

SwiftKey is my favorite. I've been using the SwiftKey Note app for a few months for anything long. I'm not a fan of Swype.

Yes, swiftkey is the best keyboard ever. Hope it works really soon on iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If SwiftKey appears in the App Store the take up will be massive I predict, Let's face it the keyboard on iPhone isn't great.

I agree that the native keyboard of iPhone is not the best and I think it's poor in really for the machine

Hope it's true and iOS 8 coming soon... Is there a date?

Hope it's true and iOS 8 coming soon... Is there a date?

No not yet, If i find out anything further i will certainly post though :)