What's new

Suddenly no sound on push notifications!

wtfispooh makes a good point. It'll all be a moot point when iOS6 is released. Just a matter of days now.

Having the same problem here in the UK on T mobile, getting banner and badge notifications but no sound from Facebook. Just to clear one thing up, having used iOS6 GM briefly, the Facebook app is NOT integrated into the OS and is still needed, you log into Facebook in order to sync across contacts, enable upload to FB from your gallery etc - so the problem will not be automatically solved upon the release of iOS6 in the week. We can only hope that someone at Facebook (assuming it is a FB problem, which seems likely as no other apps are affected in my case at least) is already working on this issue.

Having the same problem here in the UK on T mobile, getting banner and badge notifications but no sound from Facebook. Just to clear one thing up, having used iOS6 GM briefly, the Facebook app is NOT integrated into the OS and is still needed, you log into Facebook in order to sync across contacts, enable upload to FB from your gallery etc - so the problem will not be automatically solved upon the release of iOS6 in the week. We can only hope that someone at Facebook (assuming it is a FB problem, which seems likely as no other apps are affected in my case at least) is already working on this issue.

I really dislike not being able to choose on MY phone what notification sound i get when facebook notifies me. I use tri tone for texts and its annoying not knowing wether ive got a new text of Facebook update. Yeah i can change my text tone but why should i have to !

I really dislike not being able to choose on MY phone what notification sound i get when facebook notifies me. I use tri tone for texts and its annoying not knowing wether ive got a new text of Facebook update. Yeah i can change my text tone but why should i have to !

You would think it ought to be relatively easy to allow for custom notification tones too, though right now i would settle for ANY notification sound from the FB app lol

I am also having this problem in the UK, giffgaff, iPhone 4s and iOS 5.1.1. It was working on the new fb app initially, but as everyone has said, it just suddenly stopped working. For what it's worth, I have reported the issue to fb via the app, and urge as many ppl as possible to follow suit, that way it is more likely to get solved.

I have got the same issue for Facebook, notifications coming on the screen but now sounds, solved it by downloading and installing PushTone from Cydia..

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

https://getsatisfaction.com/foursquare/topics/iphone_push_alert_sound_aint_working/replies/10035485

Ramy please let me know how you where able to DL Pushtone. I have owned that tweak before when I had my
iPhone 4... Had no need for it when I got my 4S so never got it again. Now when I try to instal it I get the message
that it is not compatible with 5.1.1. So please let me know quickly

I am having the same problem and this is with a 4s on verizon on iOS 6.

Please tell me you are kidding about being on IOS6... That has been the only thing keeping me sane
Was knowing when IOS6 is available to the public that the Apps being integrated into the actual OS
where going to fix this problem

Actually the app will be integrated into IOS6. The app is still needed and yes you will have to log into it once, but it is going to become one of the apps you will not be able to delete kind of like twitter is with IOS5+. Supposedly once
logged in you will be able to send anything to Facebook from you phone without ever opening the app. Sounds pretty
integrate to me. Anyways I have my fingers crossed for a fix come Wednesday.

You would think it ought to be relatively easy to allow for custom notification tones too, though right now i would settle for ANY notification sound from the FB app lol

You should scour the Internet. There are actually extremely easy ways to make custom alerts and tones. Also, I do
know of a way to change the FB apps alert tone. Just does no good since there is not any being sent anymore. I
have actually been using a different tone for quit sometime now. The tri-tone that people call it is actually called
Voicemail if you are able to find it in the facebook data portion of the iPhones directory. However I have noticed that since this epidemic has started that the tone has disappeared. Anyways just rambling now let's just hope Wednesday
brings everyone good news.

No I am not kidding about having this problem with iOS6. My wife has the 4s on verizon with 5.1 and she is having the same problem.

No I am not kidding about having this problem with iOS6. My wife has the 4s on verizon with 5.1 and she is having the same problem.

Dammit! That was my one saving grace was IOS6 was
gonna be the cure. Do you mind if I ask what beta version
yours is. Well let's just keep our fingers crossed for Wednesday
and hope with the new IOS they have fixed thing that
needed to fixed in the beta versions.

Actually the app will be integrated into IOS6. The app is still needed and yes you will have to log into it once, but it is going to become one of the apps you will not be able to delete kind of like twitter is with IOS5+. Supposedly once
logged in you will be able to send anything to Facebook from you phone without ever opening the app. Sounds pretty
integrate to me. Anyways I have my fingers crossed for a fix come Wednesday.

Oh you can post pictures and status updates from within the OS alright, "integration" to me would imply no further need for an external app for all operations to Facebook i.e viewing your newsfeed and friends posts etc. I wasnt trying to "nitpick" anyone by stating what i did, merely pointing out that the integration does not go as deep as might have been thought be some, so an instant fix with the official release of iOS6 is not guaranteed for this issue - I truly wish that it was, and can only live in hope.

Oh you can post pictures and status updates from within the OS alright, "integration" to me would imply no further need for an external app for all operations to Facebook i.e viewing your newsfeed and friends posts etc. I wasnt trying to "nitpick" anyone by stating what i did, merely pointing out that the integration does not go as deep as might have been thought be some, so an instant fix with the official release of iOS6 is not guaranteed for this issue - I truly wish that it was, and can only live in hope.

LOL it's all good. I guess after having tried everything I just need for IOS6
to be my answer. If not I sure hope these damn JB devs would update
pushtone for IOS5.1.1.