What's new

Suddenly no sound on push notifications!

Dude don't waste your time resetting your phone. I am positive it is a problem with the newest Facebook update. I am running an iPhone 4 with AT&T, on jailbroken 5.1 and am having the same issue. I am going to try downgrading my Facebook app through Install0us and will let y'all know what results I turn up.

LOL, to late did a full restore and guess what? NOTHING! GRRRRR... However it is nice to hear that this is starting to happen to other folks on other carriers. Now i might be looking to far into things, but I think I am not getting notifications on certain apps now. Mostly game apps like draw something and song pop. Not sure if draw something ever made a sound, but I do know that song pop used to and it was the same sound that facebook uses. HMMMM!!!! Is it possible that the facebook apps notification noise has somehow been deleted?

OK scratch that the Song Pop app just made a noise when somebody sent me a challenge. OK I am still stumped

Well, I have scoured the interweb for over an hour and it seems EVERY copy of Facebook 4.1.1 has been deleted. So, unfortunately it looks like we are just going to have to wait for Facebook to come out with another updat. Historically Facebook updates have been very few and very far between, so we may be waiting for awhile. Wish I could have helped more.

Well, I have scoured the interweb for over an hour and it seems EVERY copy of Facebook 4.1.1 has been deleted. So, unfortunately it looks like we are just going to have to wait for Facebook to come out with another updat. Historically Facebook updates have been very few and very far between, so we may be waiting for awhile. Wish I could have helped more.

I have iOS 5.1.1 (was 5.1 this morning but updated hoping it would fix the issue) but I am still running FB version *4.0* and I have the problem too. I don't think downgrading your version of FB app will help. But what this does tell me is that there's no need for *me* to upgrade. It'll still be broken.

And wtfispooh, you were wondering about Draw Something? I cannot get that app to make a notification sound either. But that's not new. It's never worked for me; always just the visual notification. Now it matches Facebook. UGH.

Lol i even restore a fresh copy of 5.1.1 ,, my assistivetouch was also crashing so had to restore,, but now FB itself have a problem,, hope future updates fix it.

I have iOS 5.1.1 (was 5.1 this morning but updated hoping it would fix the issue) but I am still running FB version *4.0* and I have the problem too. I don't think downgrading your version of FB app will help. But what this does tell me is that there's no need for *me* to upgrade. It'll still be broken.

And wtfispooh, you were wondering about Draw Something? I cannot get that app to make a notification sound either. But that's not new. It's never worked for me; always just the visual notification. Now it matches Facebook. UGH.

OK i am at my wits end. I have literally tried everything. I have deleted the app and added it again from a back up file. I am currently running FaceBook app 3.1.2. I tried this one and the 4.1.1 both from older backups and still no sound. I am starting to think this might be an actual IOS problem. As for draw something I am not sure if it was ever not making the sound I just think with the FB app not making any noise or vibrating when I get notification that nothing was making any noise. However, SAGANAMA you may be able to turn the notifications on in the settings menu.

Anybody that runs across this please let me know what IOS version you are running if you are experiencing this. I am running IOS 5.1.1.

Hi guys I'm with Optus here in Australia and am experiencing the same problem. It only started a couple of days ago
It seems to be only the Facebook App that's the problem. Has anyone reported it to Facebook?..

think they need to do an update on the facebook app asap

We are getting an update next week. With IOS 6 the Facebook app
Will actually be integrated into the OS. So hopefully whatever the
conflicting problems between the OS and the app are will be fixed.

I am having the same issue. I am reciveing messages but the sound is not coming through. I restored my phone yesterday and removed fb thinking that was the issue and it still has not changed. mine is the 3gs.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem...except I AM on AT&T and the problem extends to other apps and the ringer. I noticed it yesterday just thought I had the ringer off. But I'm sitting here with my phone next to me and I've missed 2 phone calls and voxer messages.

hopefully all this gets sorted its annoying now defo need an update on the iphone and the facebook app