What's new

Spelling Suggestions

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I noticed that sometimes whilst composing a text message, my phone gives me spelling suggestions, or it seems to know where I am going with my sentence, and that helps me to compose a message much faster. I like it. However, that function seems to disappear for long periods at a time. It was working last night, but by the end of the evening, it was gone again. I must be accidentally turning it off, yes? How do I turn it back on? I do not see any sort of link or toggle or anything for it. Thanks!

When you press and hold (shortly) the globe key next to the numbers key (123), this will appear:
image.png

If "Predictive" is disabled (see my screenshot), enable it.

Hope that helps.

Yes, it is enabled, and I do get spelling suggestions, but I am not getting entire words suggestions like before. I was seeing several possible full words appear as the next possible word in the sentence. It stopped doing that. What do I do now, please?

Thanks!

Possibly you "taught" it the wrong spellings by use.

Maybe you closed this feature by accident. If you see a white dash, directly above the keyboard, slide it upwards, to get the suggestions again:
image.png

It can be closed again by sliding it downwards:
image.png

Last edited:
Yes, J.A.! That was what I meant. I noticed the bar was either there or not, but I did not know its relation to the words and had not been able to manipulate it before. Thank you for telling me how to fix it!!

Bear, of course I have not taught it misspellings. Naughty! ; )

Aw,Hunnie. I am naughty but not this time. You iPhone dictionary gets taught by you every time you use it. So if you continually spell something it learns to accept the version you keep using. But I see you had just collapsed the predictive bar.