What's new

The Genius Bar can't help, but maybe this forum can...

GregoryV

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem having their iCloud account randomly log out? Once or twice a week I notice that my messages don't send and find that I have to sign in again to iCloud. I try and then get a pop-up that my password is incorrect. Sometimes, after a couple tries, it accepts it and sometimes I have to get a new one. After many hours at the genius bar they finally gave me a new phone. It was happening again and they said it was a corrupt account and I created a new one. Seemed to work but the cloud logged me out again this morning. My iPad is the same account and have had no probs at all. Has anyone had this problem and what was done to resolve it. At my whits end.
Thanks, GregoryV

I can tell you this, it's a popular problem dating back to 2012, never happen to me personally until this year. I reset passwords and have been ok for now. A few days later, it happened to my girls devices. Same scenario. There's a lot of talk but no definitive answer that I've found yet.

Has anyone had a problem having their iCloud account randomly log out? Once or twice a week I notice that my messages don't send and find that I have to sign in again to iCloud. I try and then get a pop-up that my password is incorrect. Sometimes, after a couple tries, it accepts it and sometimes I have to get a new one. After many hours at the genius bar they finally gave me a new phone. It was happening again and they said it was a corrupt account and I created a new one. Seemed to work but the cloud logged me out again this morning. My iPad is the same account and have had no probs at all. Has anyone had this problem and what was done to resolve it. At my whits end.
Thanks, GregoryV
What does your messages have to do with iCloud? If your messages don't send, then it's a problem with either iMessage or a Carrier issue.
Did you back up your new phone to iCloud or iTunes? Or set it up as new?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

What does your messages have to do with iCloud? If your messages don't send, then it's a problem with either iMessage or a Carrier issue.
Did you back up your new phone to iCloud or iTunes? Or set it up as new?

Not sure what the correlation is, but that is what occurs. I log back in and messages send.

Not sure what the correlation is, but that is what occurs. I log back in and messages send.
Been out of town. Son had surgery. Does your phone reboot when you sign out or sign in to iCloud?
Have you tried Reset Network Settings? First, delete all message threads. Then toggle iMessage off. Then sign out of iMessage. Then Reset Network Settings:
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
Sign back in to iMessage. Toggle iMessage back on.