What's new

iPhone 4s with iOS 6 Does Not Notify when New Text Received

neonswedishfish

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my 4s phone to the new iOS, and in general, it is lagging and stalling. However, the main problem is that my phone sporadically notifies me of text messages. Only when I open my phone to the homepage, or sometimes it must be the messaging app, it will notify me that I had 6 texts waiting. It's become incredibly frustrating and I've checked my settings with no solution available.

Any one have any suggestions? Thank you!

Hello and welcome to the community!
Unfortunately I'm unable to help with your problem because I have not updated to ios6 so have no experience of it. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to hep with your issue though

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

neonswedishfish said:
I recently upgraded my 4s phone to the new iOS, and in general, it is lagging and stalling. However, the main problem is that my phone sporadically notifies me of text messages. Only when I open my phone to the homepage, or sometimes it must be the messaging app, it will notify me that I had 6 texts waiting. It's become incredibly frustrating and I've checked my settings with no solution available.

Any one have any suggestions? Thank you!

In the notification centre,is messages turned on? If it isn't turned on you won't receive notifications of incoming text messages.

$image-1970874704.jpgYou can also choose what form the notification will take.

Hi,

I also have this issue and it's clearly another glitch in the iphone. It's very random. The most frustrating part about it is when I get home from work, I take my phone off vibrate so I can hear when I get text messages or phone calls, but lately since I know I won't always be notified of incoming text messages, I have to sporatically check my phone, even though it's off vibrate.

SciFan57, what you have highlighted above definitly isn't the issue. This seems to be a glitch.

i had this problem on my iphone 5,the Genius bar at Apple restored my firmware,this did help,i do get notified now when i get messages,it doesn't always repeat them even though i have it set to repeat 3 times,they told me always to delete the apps running in the back ground as that can be one of the causes,you do that by double clicking the home button and holding the apps until they wiggle....btw i use the alert rather than the banner,this does seem to help as the alert stays on your screen until you action it.