What's new

So What Do You Think To iPhone 7?

You do know there is a lightening to analog 3.5mm adapter that comes with the phone?

Yes.

iphone-lightning-35mm-620x349.jpg

I miss swiping left to the passcode screen when I had iOS 7 to 9 on my iPhone 5C. I guess Apple thought it was more sophisticated if we press the Home button now.

I think you can still go back to iOS 9. Something

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I think you can still go back on iPhones

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

At the current time Apple us still signing iOS 9.3.5 so it's the only older iOS version you can roll back to.

For now, iOS 9.3.5 is still recent to iPhone and iPad users. It may be outdated in a year or so, since Apple could possibly make more features with iOS 10, that would make iOS 9 look pretty old in comparison.

To me the overall experience of the new 7 feels better in my hands. Although the same size as the six it feels smaller and lighter to me. Just after three days I feel like I'm already use to the new "non pressable" home button. In fact I picked up an iPhone 6 this morning and it felt a bit archaic to has to press the home button in.

Of course the speed of the 7 also contributes to the better experience. Apps just seems to react faster and I don't find myself staring at the screen waiting for something to happen.

I did go up from a 6 to the 7 so the increase in speed is more noticeable for me than someone moving up from a 6S.

I'm wondering about the home button and how long it might take me to get used to it.

I noticed when I put iOS10 on my 6s, I didn't really like how you have to 'push' the old home button to unlock. There is an option in the settings>accessibility where you can basically revert back to being able to just hold your finger over the home button to unlock. That makes me wonder if the 7's have this option too..?

Instagram - @ab_mach1

I noticed when I put iOS10 on my 6s, I didn't really like how you have to 'push' the old home button to unlock. There is an option in the settings>accessibility where you can basically revert back to being able to just hold your finger over the home button to unlock. That makes me wonder if the 7's have this option too..?

Instagram - @ab_mach1
Haven't got mine yet but yes that option is there too, I will be exploring that.

Instagram - @ab_mach1

Yes it's an option on the 7

Would anyone say the iPhone 7 is worth getting for someone who has the 6s? I used to get new phone every year but now it seems hardly anything new is or can be added. I got 6s 2 week after it came out last year and love the Live Photos on it which is pretty much the first new thing I've had a phone do in years. Seems to be phones just getting better camera and harder to break and water proof now oh and longer battery or more storage.

From what I've read 7 is waterproof where 6s is only able to work after set amount of time in water. Unless you want to take a phone in swimming pool it doesn't matter that much. 7 has 7mp front camera to the 6s 5mp. Need to see pics from both to judge properly but very much doubt there will be much if any difference between the 2. Back camera supposed to give better low light pics. Again would have to see pics to judge better but can't see there being much difference. Head phone port. Really wouldn't be too bothered either way does the 7 have better sound with extra speakers? Again not something that would be worth spending a few ÂŁ100 on new phone for.

Unless I'm missing something about the 7 it doesn't seem worth upgrading. Yes it's a good phone just doesn't seem worth the cost when I have the 6s. From any other iPhone or nearly any other not including se I'd say it was worth it.

I got mine yesterday. Gold 256gb regular 7. I always said that nobody needs 256gb, so why did I get it? It was the last 7 in the store. Other stores are out around here. Now on to the phone…

I have the phone set to wake up when I pick it up. That in combination with resting your finger on the home button to open means NO button presses to turn it on and start using it. I really like the new home button. Set it on 1 sensitivity and it’s good to go. The phone is very fast and it takes outstanding pictures. The new gizmos with iMessage are cool too. Phone calls have plenty of volume for me and I'm hard of hearing big time.

I use my phone mainly for text, calls and email. I do some surfing on the internet too. Not much in to games. I haven’t found a flaw with it yet or something I’d change…except adding a back button. I had an iPhone 6+ and then an SE. This one is just the right size and weight (light). It’s only one day old, so I’ll report back if there are any issues.