What's new

Sky Go problems

daveo72

Reaction score
I've jailbroken my IPhone 4s on ios 5.1.1 and now I'm unable to watch Sky Go on my phone. I get an error saying "Streaming is unavailable on jail broken devices" Is there a way around this or can I no longer watch Sky Go on my phone unless I un-Jail Break

Any advise would be helpful

hi Jmills87, I've just downloaded it and resprung my devise. Do I need to see this up as I'm unable to find the app and were it's downloaded too. Sorry to sound thick

Unfortunately xCon does not currently support the latest update to SkyGo. The developers are working on it, but it is taking longer than everyone would have hoped... :(

There is a temporary workaround, but it requires the use of tweaks which enable piracy and as such we cannot endorse, support, or allow them to be discussed on the forum.

I have a beta version of xCon that n00neimp0rtant sent to me to fix jailbreak detection on the latest DirecTV Nomad app, maybe it supports the latest version of SkyGo as well? PM me for link.

Thanks for the advice guys, not sure if I''ll leave it or un jailbreak. Any advise on this??

daveo72 said:
Thanks for the advice guys, not sure if I''ll leave it or un jailbreak. Any advise on this??

It all depends on how important this one app is to you !

Un jail-breaking to loose all your other tweaks for this one app seems a tad drastic.

Personally I only use it rarely although after being jb for a year I'm now using a stock iPhone 4s, and not missing the tweaks I thought I couldn't enjoy my phone without !!