What's new

Siri

The Siri app was disabled after the release of iOS 5

إيكرانك...المسطرة

I found one obvious bug in Siri having to do with searching contacts. If for instance I ask Siri to call Linda and if I have more than one linda one of the contacts just say "Linda" and another one "Linda from work". Well, what happens is Siri asks "which Linda" and no matter what I do, if I say "Linda from Work" or if i just Click on the Linda from Work contact then Siri still comes back in a stuck look saying "you have more then one Linda, which one?"

I found one obvious bug in Siri having to do with searching contacts. If for instance I ask Siri to call Linda and if I have more than one linda one of the contacts just say "Linda" and another one "Linda from work". Well, what happens is Siri asks "which Linda" and no matter what I do, if I say "Linda from Work" or if i just Click on the Linda from Work contact then Siri still comes back in a stuck look saying "you have more then one Linda, which one?"

Has anyone else encountered that and is there anyway to fix it?

Go into your contacts and add last names. That should fix your problem. Then ask Siri to call / text Linda Doe. During the request Include mobile, home, work or what ever number you want to call. It will speed up the process and Siri won't have to ask for additional information. Example "call Linda Doe mobile"

if anyone else has a better answer, go with it.

Go into your contacts and add last names. That should fix your problem. Then ask Siri to call / text Linda Doe. During the request Include mobile, home, work or what ever number you want to call. It will speed up the process and Siri won't have to ask for additional information. Example "call Linda Doe mobile"

if anyone else has a better answer, go with it.

Yeah well, it's not that easy for me as I have often many Linda's in my phone and I don't know all their last names or which number to call off hand. When I ask Siri to call Linda it helps me to see the options and then I should be able to click on the list or then give the more complete name either way right? Well... Siri literally does NOT allow me to click on the list of Linda options because when I do, it comes back asking again "which Linda" essentially. It's a bug for sure...

philinpdx said:
Yeah well, it's not that easy for me as I have often many Linda's in my phone and I don't know all their last names or which number to call off hand. When I ask Siri to call Linda it helps me to see the options and then I should be able to click on the list or then give the more complete name either way right? Well... Siri literally does NOT allow me to click on the list of Linda options because when I do, it comes back asking again "which Linda" essentially. It's a bug for sure...

Bummer dude. I'm anal when it comes to entering data whether it be in my phone or computer. I include every possible bit of info I "may" need at one time or another. Siri is only as intelligent as the information it draws from. Good luck!

Sent from my i4s

Firstly, if you need Siri, you will need to buy the iPhone 4S, this is the tragedy of the iPhone specifically and Apple inc in general. They are not open at all, they dont give any value to other devices, not even to their own models, and act with the older devices as some step child! This is what I call a serious drawback for iphone!

peterthomas said:
Firstly, if you need Siri, you will need to buy the iPhone 4S, this is the tragedy of the iPhone specifically and Apple inc in general. They are not open at all, they dont give any value to other devices, not even to their own models, and act with the older devices as some step child! This is what I call a serious drawback for iphone!

Well Siri is a feature for the newest gen iPhone. From a business stand point, it'd be silly to update the older models with every new feature. They have to make the new model appealing somehow. Android is only guaranteed 18 months of support with software updates (some never see an update). Apple supports their devices for a little over two years. So IMO that's a great reason to go with the iPhone.

The "open" statement has been beaten one too many times. iOS is a closed Eco system and has been since the App Store was introduced. If you want an open OS, jailbreak your iPhone or simply go to the Android OS. That's the best way to solve that little gripe.

I agree wholeheartedly with Darkstar! First off....Siri is "said" to need the A5 processor to work properly, and even if that is not true...Siri is one of like TWO features that no previous iPhone received. The iOS 5 update (and all it's 200+ new features) went as far back as the iPhone 3GS, lol. Sorry to the iPhone 3G owners...but everyone needs to upgrade at some point...and keeping Siri for the iPhone 4S alone does just that, in case you missed the numbers for the first week of sales...lol.

I have been trying for several days now to get Siri on my new iPhone 4S to tell me about the weather.