What's new

App like siri for iPhone 4

I understand Andre. For me, the most important thing is the overall functionality of a device. I'm not going to jailbreak my phone. I've done all that and now I just want a phone that works. So far, the iPhone 4 has done that for me. Having Siri to be perfect isn't all that important to me but her dingy British cousin in Voice Actions does what I need her to do.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Understood. I want functionality as well and so far, jbing hasn't diminished any functional attributes (only time will tell). More than likely, unless I read that they have come up with a solution, once my device does seem to be effected, I will stop messing with.

From everything I've ready you will never have Siri on any other devices except for the iPhone 4S and on. Reasons being 1) the code; they have to re-write everything in order to not violate copyrights 2) When using Siri it is apparently communicating with Apple's/Nuance's servers and it can tell what model the device is and I don't see anyone purchasing servers and letting everyone use them for free. It's really lame Apple won't make it available to older devices but I'll just wait for the iPhone 5 to come out and then finally upgrade from my iPhone 4.

I don't think there will be any other apps that will work "like" Siri since Apple will get mad for a patent infrigement. And sue whoever.