What's new

Question about Siri microphone icon locations using [Ac!D]Siri.

Jack.Straw

Reaction score
Hi. I'm using [Ac!D]Siri on my iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2. It works great. I often use the voice-to-text option when using Messages (texts) and Email. In those applications there is a microphone icon located on the keyboard that allows voice-to-text entry. However, that icon does not exist in the keyboard for Notes or Safari. Is that normal? Is there an app that will add the Siri voice-to-text icon & functionality to keyboards in all apps?

A note on Notes: I know i can tell Siri to make create a note for me using voice activation... that works just fine. It's just that when 'm in the Notes app that the voice-to-text function is not available.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!
-Scott

That's because Ac!d Siri and other Siriports do not have full compatibility outside of a very limited boundary of actions. You can port Siri all you want to an unsupported device, but if the iOS raw sandboxes and directories do not support voice entries/commands, then you have to hard code it, and if you hard code it, and you restore your device, if you don't manually revert the hard code changes made, you end up with a brick, which is where users that restored their devices that have Siriports on them ended up with a nice looking paperweight.