What's new

App like siri for iPhone 4

tra1808

Reaction score
A there an app that is like Siri? You can open apps by voice and send apps by voice, you can also have the texts read aloud?

"Vlingo" is about as close as you're gonna get w/o buying a 4S and actually having Siri.

I bought this app called "voice action" and I read that it was better than vlingo. Can vlingo open apps thru voice command?

From the reviews I've read... it doesn't "open" apps upon command. You start Vlingo and give it commands and it opens email, messaging, search, ect. or whatever it deems necessary for your request. With that, I assume it won't open your iPF.net application by giving it a command to do so. How well does Voice Action work for you?

Not sure I just bought it today. It's kind of cool cause you can still chat with Felix Siri and meet you can change music as well but I was really looking for that. You can also text when you doesn't have automatic send feature which I wish it did. It has a lot of cool features but not really any of what I was looking for. Wish there was something that involves spending three dollars of iPhone 4S

I'm using Dragon Go and i find it quite good

What exactly do you like about it?

Oh, and does anyone know if you can get cydia without jail breaking?

Download Voice Actions. It's Siri's British cousin and it WORKS. It's $5.99 on iTunes. No need to jailbreak unless u just want to.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I already have voice actions but it won't open your apps with voice and it needs to be running..

GoldenBlaze said:
Download Voice Actions. It's Siri's British cousin and it WORKS. It's $5.99 on iTunes. No need to jailbreak unless u just want to.

Only $4.99

tra1808 said:
I already have voice actions but it won't open your apps with voice and it needs to be running..

She is the closest thing to Sirir without jailbreaking. She doesn't do everything Siri does but she does talk back and do what Vilingo does. If u want the real Siri, jailbreak or buy the 4s.. Otherwise, learn to be happy with something similar.

I'm not happy unless I have the best.. Unfortunately, I don't have the income to afford the best. By jailbreaking you can def download Siri? I have no problem with jbing either just FYI. Before I got the iPhone I had an iPod touch 4 and I jail broke it bc I like customizing and messing with things. I can't seem to find a jb that works with the iPhone 4 tho and I've been doing a lot of research since I got the phone. It says the redsn0w jb and sn0wbreeze jb (for ex) needs an IPSW but no matter what I look up I can't seem to find one that works. I have sprint as a service so I'm hoping that it will work with that as well as Verizon and att but that's where you come in with an answer lol.

Sorry about the novel. I've just been holding back on everything I've had to say in previous posts and you convinced me to come out with it, thank you.

-Andre