What's new

Restore deleted contacts!

jawmadani said:
Can you restore deleted contacts in iCloud!!!

Restoring cannot delete contacts in iCloud. That is not physically possible.

This most likely happened because:

1) you just restored a little bit ago, and didn't give enough time for your contacts to load. Best to try to stay connected to wifi after restoring, so all iCloud data loads properly.

Or

2) you had multiple accounts that had Contacts toggled on.

Make sure that no other email account has Contacts toggled on. this is vital.

Make sure ONLY iCloud has Contacts toggle on. Settings> iCloud.

This usually happens because of another email account trying to restore your contacts at the same time iCloud is.

If no matter how long you wait, or what you do..you cannot get your contacts back, delete the iCloud account and add it again.

Settings> iCloud> tap the red "Delete Account" button.
Reboot device.
Add the iCloud account again.
Make sure contacts is toggled on..

And defiantly make sure that no other account has Contacts toggled on before deleting and re-adding the iCloud account.

It depends if the contact has been deleted from iCloud or not. If it has already been removed from iCloud, then no you can't restore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh?

I should start doing this on my lap top and quit using my phone for this for a while.

I thought he said...he restored and lost his contacts from iCloud.lol.

I think Auto AppTranslate is screwing up the words in my apps.

That's why I prefer google you can restore them after deleting all your contacts!!

Restoring cannot delete contacts in iCloud. That is not physically possible.

This most likely happened because:

1) you just restored a little bit ago, and didn't give enough time for your contacts to load. Best to try to stay connected to wifi after restoring, so all iCloud data loads properly.

Or

2) you had multiple accounts that had Contacts toggled on.

Make sure that no other email account has Contacts toggled on. this is vital.

Make sure ONLY iCloud has Contacts toggle on. Settings> iCloud.

This usually happens because of another email account trying to restore your contacts at the same time iCloud is.

If no matter how long you wait, or what you do..you cannot get your contacts back, delete the iCloud account and add it again.

Settings> iCloud> tap the red "Delete Account" button.
Reboot device.
Add the iCloud account again.
Make sure contacts is toggled on..

And defiantly make sure that no other account has Contacts toggled on before deleting and re-adding the iCloud account.
Any chance you used google ? You can recover contacts to anything with Google. Just did it with my iPhone 6.