What's new

Portable Charger

fraurauch

Reaction score
I would like to purchase a portable charger for my Iphone5. Any recommendations for which would be the best?

What type of portable charger?
An extended battery, a car charger, an extended battery case...

There's quite a few options. :)

I am looking for a charger I can carry in my purse and use when the charge on my Iphone gets low. I have seen several different ones and I'm not sure which one would be best. I already have a car charger and I have looked at the Mophie case, but I'm afraid it will add two much weight to my phone.

When I switched from the GS3 to the iP5 I had a lot of chargers left useless that had USB connections. I purchased just the OEM iP5 USB data cables and plugged them into my existing Samsung charger bases and they work fine. Saved me a few bucks. I usually try to use the charger that came with the phone, but when I travel or am about town I use the old / revitalized ones. They charge quickly and I've had no phone or battery problems using them.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I am looking for a wireless portable charger that you charge ahead of time and keep with you when the charge on your phone runs low. I have seen the Mophie case charger, but I wasn't looking for anything that would also be attached to the phone. I really like the weight of the Iphone and don't want to add to it.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear. I am looking for a wireless portable charger that you charge ahead of time and keep with you when the charge on your phone runs low. I have seen the Mophie case charger, but I wasn't looking for anything that would also be attached to the phone. I really like the weight of the Iphone and don't want to add to it.

I googled portable iPhone battery pack and got quite a few hits. They range from battery cases like the Mophie to separate packs that connect with a cable while charging the iPhone.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Sorry about the misunderstanding.