What's new

Phone Not turning off / Stuck

drty

Reaction score
Hello, I have fixed a couple of 3gs screens before successfully but I did a friend's last night and it all seemingly went well, then I switched the phone on and it's stuck on the Apple logo... it also won't switch off, or go into recovery mode, or DFU mode (by using buttons or software).

Weirdly iTunes does detect the phone, so I tried updating to the latest firmware, which seemed to download and install fine... Though still stuck on the apple logo!

I then tried to restore form a backup... it was going fine, but then I just get a codeless error at the end and back to square one.

So then I thought maybe I didn't connect something right (pretty sure I did!), but now I also can't remove the screen, when I do the top layer just comes off as opposed to the digitizer & lcd & housing.

I have no idea what has gone wrong, if anyone could help me it'd be wicked.

Also... I havent yet tried setting the phone up as a new phone in iTunes yet... Im not sure thatd help and I dont really want to erase all his data. The phone is also not jailbroken

Since iTunes is picking up the phone is quite okay. It sounds like it's a problem with the screen responding.

Just to be correct and to try to be on the same page, you have never gotten past the Apple logo screen?

Problem solved! Turns out the part (replacement screen) was just rubbish. It was the proximity sensor cable wasn't working.

If anyone had the same problem and is reading this... either buy a good part (not the cheapest you can find), or use the cabling from the original screen!