What's new

Iphone 3gs problem

iphonetroubles

Reaction score
I recently bought a Iphone 3gs but last night something happened to it. It restarted and got stuck on the attach to itunes screen. I tried to use blackra1n to boot it but to no avail. Blackra1n would just get stuck on the running screen. I stuck blackra1n in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder because when I tried to run it from my desktop or C:\ it said that asl.dll was missing. I also put blackra1n in Windows XP(Service Pack 2) compatibility mode and ran it as admin but it still isn't working. I can't seem to put my Iphone into DFU mode either. When its plugged into my computer and I try to shut it down, it will just restart automatically and go back to the attach to Itunes screen.

I'm not sure how to check as I'm unable to access the Iphone becaus it's stuck on the attach to itunes screen and f0recast doesn't seem to be working. It gives me the error message that it was unable to load itunesmobiledevice.dll

Itunes seems to detect the iphone just fine. When I open Itunes it tells me the phone is in recovery mode and must be restored before it can be used with itunes.

Itunes seems to detect the iphone just fine. When I open Itunes it tells me the phone is in recovery mode and must be restored before it can be used with itunes.

Why don't u use iTunes to restore the iOS then?

Which version should I restore to and where would I download that version? Do I just open itunes and shift shift+restore and choose that version?
Oh and I managed to successfully get tinyumbrella to recognize my iphone by putting it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder but even after I click to kick iphone out of recovery mode, the phone just seems to restart get on the apple logo and then go back to the connect to itunes screen. Same store for recboot.

Last edited:
Which version should I restore to and where would I download that version? Do I just open itunes and shift shift+restore and choose that version?
Oh and I managed to successfully get tinyumbrella to recognize my iphone by putting it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder but even after I click to kick iphone out of recovery mode, the phone just seems to restart get on the apple logo and then go back to the connect to itunes screen. Same store for recboot.

Forget about tinyUmbrella then, only iTunes can help you at the moment. Connect your phone to iTunes, when iTunes detest your phone in recovery mode, it will tell you that the phone need to be restore, agree and let it do the job. iTunes will load the latest iOS which is uptodate the 4.3.3 iOS. After you agree to restore itunes will check up the firmware in your device and the latest one available then iTunes will ask you to know if you want to install after firmware downloaded or if you just want to download and install later, accept to install after downloading the firmware. The firmware is about 600mb so you will need to have a better connection, once the download is done, it will automatically start installing the firmware into your device and finish the installation.

Just use iTunes to restore as bab suggested. The 3GS can be jailbroken on the latest 4.3.3 update so that's not a problem.

There could be a problem however if your phone was or needs to be unlocked...?