What's new

Help, stuck at apple logo

animal47

Reaction score
My daughter was deleting some apps when the phone switched off and now won't get past the apple logo.
I have tried everything even down to restoring it as a new phone with the latest updates and newest iTunes and although it restores fine and is recognized in iTunes when it restarts it still won't get past the apple logo.
What can I try as this phone was bought refurbed through 3 just over a year ago and has never been jailbroken.
Any help much appreciated.

animal47 said:
My daughter was deleting some apps when the phone switched off and now won't get past the apple logo.
I have tried everything even down to restoring it as a new phone with the latest updates and newest iTunes and although it restores fine and is recognized in iTunes when it restarts it still won't get past the apple logo.
What can I try as this phone was bought refurbed through 3 just over a year ago and has never been jailbroken.
Any help much appreciated.

If even a fresh restore and setup as new phone does not work then it must be a hardware problem.

I

Would my best bet be to take it into an apple store and let them take a look.

animal47 said:
Would my best bet be to take it into an apple store and let them take a look.

Yes.

Considering everything you said you have done I cannot imagine it being anything other then a hardware problem.

Taking it to an Apple store is your best bet, even if your not under warranty.

I left it on charge over night just to see if I could get any charge into it as it kept showing an empty battery logo as well as the apple one, my daughter was stood by it earlier when it made a popping sound and now the screen has packed up all together.
Have rung apple who are sending me a box to return it to them so hopefully the repairs won't be too painful in the wallet.
Thanks for the advice bud.

I had a friend of mines do that. All I did was hook it up to the computer. Held down the home button and the power button at the same time while it was restoring. It screwed the software some how into making it go past the apple logo.

stolenlogic said:
I had a friend of mines do that. All I did was hook it up to the computer. Held down the home button and the power button at the same time while it was restoring. It screwed the software some how into making it go past the apple logo.

Huh?

That sounds like such a horrible idea.lol.

And it made the phone boot into a functional state.

Thank you Apple, a new phone was delivered today with no charge to me. Great aftersales support.