What's new

[Own] Questions thread...

Fixed it by reinstalling Cydia again.

That's good.

If it happens again just reinstalling cydia probably won't work you will still have to delete everything in the private/var/lib/apt/lists except partial first... ;)

Gotcha, thx.

Next question :)

Since im using different theme I cannot use my dock to check the what apps are running in the background. Therefore i installed MultiFl0w.

Problem is #1 i think it only runs tops of 13 apps.
#2 even bigger problem is that some how it shuts down apps. My skype gets shut down allot etc.

Is there a way to properly set up multifl0w or is there any app that is similar to multifl0w?

I guess no answer on previous question.

Here is another one.

Anyone had problems with running winterboard? My friend installed winterboard but once it resprings the phone after download it goes into safe mod every time and will not go back until he delets his winter board. I tried installing new cydia for him but it didnt help.

No problems for me with winterboard. Some themes require summerboard mode to be on but I don't think it should force the phone into safe mode...

Now that 4.3 is out you would have to restore to that unless you've got your SHSH's backed up by either cydia or tinyumbrella...?

you ment LIB not LIP right? private/var/lip/apt/lists
It didnt work. Deleted those files like you said.
Im thinking may be cleaning on that loader file again. See if it reinstalls cydia.
but then if it does, i might lose all my cydia programs....

I just had the same thing happen. Delrted all the files as instructed and did not fix it. Ytied to reinstall Cydia and it d
says Cydia is already installed. How exactly did you do that" And where did you get a new version of Cydia to install by ssh?

If loader is not reinstalling cydia it's best just to re-run greenpoisi0n to rejailbreak. That should reinstall cydia for you...

Now that 4.3 is out you would have to restore to that unless you've got your SHSH's backed up by either cydia or tinyumbrella...?
I did.

We fixed his tho, last resort i told him to remove all his cydia apps and yeah one of the apps caused winterboard to not work.
you ment LIB not LIP right? private/var/lip/apt/lists
It didnt work. Deleted those files like you said.
Im thinking may be cleaning on that loader file again. See if it reinstalls cydia.
but then if it does, i might lose all my cydia programs....

I just had the same thing happen. Delrted all the files as instructed and did not fix it. Ytied to reinstall Cydia and it d
says Cydia is already installed. How exactly did you do that" And where did you get a new version of Cydia to install by ssh?

Here cydia_1.0.3366.7.iphoneos-arm.deb copy directly to ur phone and then find the path with ifile.
or ssh to the phone and find it thru ifile.

I think that what i did, reinstalled it and it worked fine. in urcase i guess u have to install it since u dont have that version.

If loader is not reinstalling cydia it's best just to re-run greenpoisi0n to rejailbreak. That should reinstall cydia for you...

Just did this, same results. Loader says Cydia is already installed. Everything in "manage" is still gone, no packages, no resources and search doesn't work. Only thing I can access is what's on the opening page.
Is there any way to uninstall Cydia without losing all my apps and reinstalling by ssh, and if so, what is the latest version? Thanks to all.

Just looked in my filesystem and it appears that all the resources are there but still do not show up in Cydia. The version I have is 1.0.3366-1
The version with a link to it above is1.0.3366.7, is that newer, note the .7 not -1

Last edited:
I believe that's the newer version.

Did you delete the files first before rejailbreaking. Of not delete them first then rejailbreak. If that doesn't work try installing the newer version or you may have to restore to 4.2.1 and rejailbreak. Make sure you have you SHSH's saved via cydia or tinyumbrella first...

Files were deleted before re-jb with GP RC6.1
So the .7 is the newest version? I assume I can ssh it to the phone and use ifile to install it?

Don't know how to install the newest cydia, never done it myself. It's easier for me just to restore and rejailbreak...

repaced existing Cydia -1 with .7 and things are back to normal. Thanks to all for the help.

.7 cydia is awesome :)
Glad it worked.