What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Evasi0n7 has been released for iOS 7.0-7.0.6. Discussions of any kind go here.

There is an iOS 7 compatibility list at the bottom of this post that is updated daily.

Remember to only download Evasi0n from www.evasi0n.com, or reputable sites such as iPhone/iPadForums which gives you the direct link to the upload

Important Note:

As a safety precaution/net for all jailbreakers, please install afc2add, OpenSSH and MobileTerminal onto your devices before installing ANY packages through Cydia. You can add the repo "http://cydia.myrepospace.com/willerz2/" and install every package in there. All of the packages in there are useful base packages (all are originals) so you have access to them all in one place. With these 3 packages, you can troubleshoot 99% of problems on jailbroken devices, which is especially important if the latest iOS is not jailbreak-able. That way, we can troubleshoot your issue without having to perform a complete restore and lose your jailbreak. The 3 packages take up an extremely negligible amount of space on your device and none of them conflicts or causes any issue to your device, and makes troubleshooting a heck of a lot easier.

Optionally, you can manually install Cydia (Mobile) Substrate, which will also install Substrate Safe Mode, which can also be used for troubleshooting quite a few issues. Many tweaks rely on Cydia Substrate, so you may or may not have to install it manually as a package with a Cydia Substrate dependency will automatically download it as well.

How-to jailbreak your iOS 7 device using Evasi0n7

Q&A

Q: What iOS and device version does Evasi0n7 work for?

A: Evasi0n7 solely works for iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4 full releases at this time.

Q: Can I jailbreak my iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch X on iOS 7 using this?

A: Yes....

Q: Before jailbreaking, what precaution should I take?

A: Remove your passcode/restrictions lock, and turn off your TouchID if applicable before jailbreaking. If you upgraded from iOS 6 to iOS 7 using the Settings app on your device directly, backup your device and restore afresh using iTunes first before jailbreaking

Q: My jailbreak was successful, but after the process was completed, on rebooting, my screen is flickering or not working. What happened?

A: Do NOT do anything using iTunes or the device directly while jailbreaking. As Evasi0n for iOS 6 and the new Evasi0n for iOS 7 explicitly states, do not touch the device and essentially do not do anything while the process is occurring.

Q: I'm stuck on X procedure during the jailbreak process. What do I do?

A: Remove your security code lock, and restrictions if applicable. Perform a hard reset of your device by holding the power and home button together until you see the Apple logo (or Evasi0n logo depending on step if applicable) and release both buttons. If you were in the middle of the process, and the boot did not show an Evasi0n logo, you can safely re-run the Evasi0n7 utility once again and re-jailbreak afresh. The previous injections will be removed and you will start again.

Q: My device is still stuck during/after the jailbreak process. What's the fix?

A: Make sure you're using the most updated version of Evasi0n7. If you're still stuck after a hard reset, restore afresh and retry. CAUTION: Make sure you're aware of the latest version of iOS being signed. Do NOT openly restore without checking what the latest iOS is as it may or may not be supported by Evasi0n 7.

Q: What are the risks of using Evasi0n7?

A: None that's substantial, everything has a risk, in this case, it's infinitesimal and is the same as any utility previously released. Possible loss of data because of the shifting and injection of data while jailbreaking. As stated by every jailbreak tool in history, ALWAYS backup your device prior to jailbreaking as a precaution.

Q: How come X does not work?

A: It's not updated for iOS 7 support or if it's universally supported, a pre-requisite is not updated for iOS 7 support.

Q: I download a tweak or an app that should show up in the settings app, it isnt there. Help?

A: Uninstall and install PreferenceLoader again. The reinstall option does not resolve the issue, it must be a removal and a fresh installation.

Q: I have a GPG/POSIX Operation Timed Out error in Cydia. What do I do?

A: First remove the UltraSn0w repository in the Manage > Sources tab. If it persists and is another default repository that's acting up, give it a few hours for the host server to resolve the issue.

Q:
If I jailbreak my device will all updates for mobile substrate, etc be done via Cydia or will I need to re-jailbreak with updated/fixed Evasi0n program?

A: All package updates are pushed through Cydia. If a new version of the Evasi0n7 untethered is release (sign would be the release of a new version of the utility), the Evasi0n7 Untether package in Cydia will present an update. No rejailbreaking is required, no computer utility is required, all done through Cydia.

Q: Does jailbreaking using Evasi0n7 unlock my device?

A: No. Jailbreaking and unlocking are two separate procedures. Jailbreaking never equates to unlocking unless you're on the iPhone 3G or 3G

Q: When I'm trying to install/download packages, I'm getting this "/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code" error. What do I do?

lEKXPnv.jpg

A: @Evad3rs apparently tried to fix the first instance of this when it was first introduced in version 1.0.4. But by fixing the original instance, they moved it to the Cydia source uploading portion. To resolve this issue, re-run the Evasi0n7 utility, and follow the on-screen instructions up to the point where it asks for you to "Unlock your device and tap on the Evasi0n app". At this point, close out the utility on your computer, and delete the Evasi0n app (do not tap on it to open it).

Q: My tweaks were working fine, but all of a sudden, they stopped working. I tried reinstalling the tweak and it doesn't work. What do I do?

A: Reinstall MobileSubstrate through Cydia. The respring will fix your tweaks not showing up/not working. Or, if you have FlipControlCenter by Ryan Petrich, you can tap on the Respring icon that he's added to respring. It's the same thing as reinstall MobileSubstrate.

Compatibility List (Updated 12.29.13)

Google Spreadsheet of Compatibility

You can also check here for updates made to Cydia packages. It does not guarantee that the package is iOS 7 updated, it can still be iOS 6 only, so you'll have to look at the description of the package as well. Also note the dates. Also note that the listed packages are only from the default repositories (i.e. MMI, BigBoss, Saurik's Telesphoreo)

A7 compatibility has been added to the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
All we have to do is wait. How long do you think it will take for the "major" tweaks to update? I hope the developers got the memo.

I dont think im going to jb this time, if I do I will only do it on my iPad Air for the Browser Changer tweak

Uhm guys, dumb question coming... Does it work for all devices or only for iPhone 5s and iPad air? From this thread I understand it's for all devices but on youtube 2 videos say that it's only for iPhone 5s and iPad air, if anyone could anyone shed some light on this matter? Thanks a lot

Works for all but I would wait I tried on my 4s and stuck at the apple logo

When you say OTA update from iOS6 to iOS7, does that include 6.X.X and 7.0.X? I upgraded from iOS 6.1.3 to iOS 7.0.0 on my Touch 5th using iTunes with my cable. But I've upgraded to .1 .2 .3 .4 using OTA in app.settings. Do those things still apply to me? Do I have to do a FULL wipe and restore?

Works for all but I would wait I tried on my 4s and stuck at the apple logo
I see, I'll wait for now eheh also no tweaks yet so no point really in updating to iOS 7 thx a lot for info

Uhm guys, dumb question coming... Does it work for all devices or only for iPhone 5s and iPad air? From this thread I understand it's for all devices but on youtube 2 videos say that it's only for iPhone 5s and iPad air, if anyone could anyone shed some light on this matter? Thanks a lot
It's for all but I wouldn't jailbreak any of the newer devices because they're running ARM64 or 64-bit processors.

Yes I was I restored my phone so ima try again

Okay ima try on my 4s first then my 5s I'll let you know soon