What's new

[Own] Questions thread...

Own

Reaction score
I thought instead of making 100s of different thread to ask questions that i have, ill just ask in the same thread.

Is there any way to remove cydia program other then going into Manage/packages ?

I installed something and now when i go to packages and scroll from top to letter "S" my cydia shuts down. If i click lets say letter on "Z" and scroll up, as soon as i get close to letters "Si.... Sd " it shuts downs. I think something in between there causes it. I downloaded crashreporter and it might be "SB rotator" if u think about it Program does start with letter S.
In packages as soon as i get to that letter it throws me out so i cannot remove it that way.

Cydelete will let you delete apps just like you normally would in 'wiggle' mode...

hmm weird. I see the option in cydelete but its only to delete ALL apps.

Ohh wow. Its def SBrotator. I thought of something else. Tried to put SB rotator in search and the delete it thru the modify option but as soon as i typed it and pressed enter cydia closed.

Last edited:
nono. I have everything. All works well. even that SB rotator works. WHen i found i cannot delete the app. it started to bug me so now i want to delete it but i cant.

4.2.1 on green poison, right now.

Here is the fix. I had the same problem when scrolling thru packages, it crashes back to springboard. You need to install the latest cydia version, it's faster and fixes the problem. Just google it and there will be an instructions.
I used ssh and file to install it on mine.

Here is the fix. I had the same problem when scrolling thru packages, it crashes back to springboard. You need to install the latest cydia version, it's faster and fixes the problem. Just google it and there will be an instructions.
I used ssh and file to install it on mine.

Holy ****!! my cydia is faster!

I thought new Poison JB will have new cydia i guess it didnt. Thanks. I did it and it fixed. Woooot

Onto The Next Question :)

How can I change Icons myself? I dled a theme and i like it but it doesnt change the rest of the icons and id like to change them.

I did it :)
through iFile. By coping icons curtain icon from one theme to another

Everything from cydia got deleted. What i mean by that is IN cydia Sections, Manage sources and packages everything in there is gone. Search in cydia isnt working either.

I still have all the cydia programs installed tho. THose were not deleted. p.s. I didnt install anything. So i dunno what caused it.

Any idea what happened and how can i fix it?

I had a similar problem when I first installed cydia. The solution was to go to

private/var/lip/apt/lists

using SSH and delete everything except partial. If you don't have ssh already installed use an iPhone file explorer...

Couldnt get ssh working. I use iboxfun. I'll try to do it when I get home. Thanks.

you ment LIB not LIP right? private/var/lip/apt/lists
It didnt work. Deleted those files like you said.
Im thinking may be cleaning on that loader file again. See if it reinstalls cydia.
but then if it does, i might lose all my cydia programs....