What's new

New Report Says the iPhone 7 Has Worse Battery Life of All Current Smartphones

Which have a very good reputation here and I have subscribed to the magazine in the past but I think our members and staff could show them a few things on this subject.

IMO, and bearing in mind I haven't got my hands on a 7 yet, I think Apple have done such a great job with the new phones that the tiniest details are being blown up out of all proportion.

It hasn't got a headphone socket.
It isn't really waterproof.
The battery drains if you use it.
I have to use a button to unlock it.

Sucks, eh?

IMO, and bearing in mind I haven't got my hands on a 7 yet, I think Apple have done such a great job with the new phones that the tiniest details are being blown up out of all proportion.

It hasn't got a headphone socket.
It isn't really waterproof.
The battery drains if you use it.
I have to use a button to unlock it.

Sucks, eh?
Sour grapes comes to mind.

Sour grapes comes to mind.

I look at it this way. There was recently a conversation in China.

"That Tim Cook, he want lot of iPhones for launch day. You take these bits and pieces and throw in box, then put lid on with big hammer.

That Kevin, he wait like good customer. You build him good phone."

I'm not going to attempt to argue THAT particular point with you. I remember your thread where you showed how long a battery could last between charges.
Yep, I still get near 40 hours between charges and I use my phones quite a bit. The settings for background app refresh and location services make quite a difference. But, I think another thing that helps my battery life is that I don't use social media.. waste of time, IMHO.

I use mine quite a bit. And was pleasantly surprised at how long the battery last. I took mine off the charger Friday afternoon and didn't have to charge it till Sunday night. I've ran bench mark test with it. I also use it as a hotspot for my iPad when I'm not at home. I'm impressed.

What I find interesting and somewhat funny, is how Samsung fans who are now getting the brunt of jokes involving the exploding batteries, are complaining about how unfunny and tired all the jokes about Samsung are. Talk about irony, especially given the fact that all they have done is rip on Apple, every iPhone ever made and Apple customers. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, they can't take a joke.

What I find interesting and somewhat funny, is how Samsung fans who are now getting the brunt of jokes involving the exploding batteries, are complaining about how unfunny and tired all the jokes about Samsung are. Talk about irony, especially given the fact that all they have done is rip on Apple, every iPhone ever made and Apple customers. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, they can't take a joke.
Some people just have no sense of honour ;)