What's new

New Iphone 4s fell down in water

I have to admit i kind of wondered if this was a joke,if it isnt then i hope it can be sorted.

How can you not have rice available? You can get an iPhone, but not rice? Seriously? I suspect the OP does not have transportation and not the cajones to tell ma and pa that he dropped the new phone in water...oops!

Rice is less then $2 a bag that's for a bigger bag which you don't need and I'm pretty sure very country has rice. A for a repair estimate like they suggested google a repair shop in your area go in and get a quote simple as that. Price will go up depending on how bad water damage is and how extensive but will most likely run $100+ as a rough estimate because I parts and labor. Hope this helps mike

Take the phone to Apple Store Genius bar after setting an appointment with them. tell the genius guy or lady that you it fall into the water by mistakes and you really just need them to help you out since you do not have money to buy a new one. Some genius bar workers can understand the pain and the need of a phone and do you a great favor by changing you the phone into a new one. They do that also because you didn't lie to them and told them the absolute truth. Try to be very gentle and very polite too. With a bit of luck, they might help you. I'm suggesting you this option because you have nothing to lose after all except your trip to the genius bar. BUT BUT BUT, if you have already opened the phone and tried to fix it or someone else already opened it and tried to fix it, then forget about going to Apple store because they will definitely not help you because they are strongly again those who open their devices. My 2 cents.

Bab what and where do you locate these genius bars? Is it basically just the apple store? I know the apple stores in the UK don't work this way, Blimey you'd be lucking to get a "hi" from them let alone a new phone. Maybe that's just customer service apple shops here though.

iHolophyte

Bab what and where do you locate these genius bars? Is it basically just the apple store? I know the apple stores in the UK don't work this way, Blimey you'd be lucking to get a "hi" from them let alone a new phone. Maybe that's just customer service apple shops here though. iHolophyte
Yes, bab is refering to and every day Apple Store. They call their employee's "Genius" for whatever reason. LOL!!

I dropped my 3G in water, placed iit in a bag of white rice for 3 days. Took it out and fired it, no problems. Make sure it is completely covered and then leave it alone for at least 3 days.

Bab what and where do you locate these genius bars? Is it basically just the apple store? I know the apple stores in the UK don't work this way, Blimey you'd be lucking to get a "hi" from them let alone a new phone. Maybe that's just customer service apple shops here though.

iHolophyte
I was in an apple store one day and i saw someone being offered a new phone because of a home button problem,don't know about "genius,s" tho,i have phoned my Apple store a few times asking for help and they didn't have a clue........and you are on hold a very long time.

I was in an apple store one day and i saw someone being offered a new phone because of a home button problem,don't know about "genius,s" tho,i have phoned my Apple store a few times asking for help and they didn't have a clue........and you are on hold a very long time.

Like wise. I actually went into the apple shop at the trafford centre. And with this forum armed and I choose a topic regarding wifi, 3G and 4G speeds I read it, remembered it and went over to a apple "genius" staff member and asked the same question from the forum, hoping to get the genius answers back as the forum members did. Although I had the answers off here the apple staff member looked up in the air, thought about it, umm'd and arrrr'd a bit then suggested I ring the apple UK support section. I was hoping they were so geniusfied that they'd blow my question out of the water. But like I've said, maybe that's just the UK and with jobs hard to find these days and minimilistic wages I don't think these genius staff members are indeed genius when it comes to apple and more than likely had jobs previously in customer service centres where the answers are from a script and not from the knowledge of the product.

iHolophyte

Like wise. I actually went into the apple shop at the trafford centre. And with this forum armed and I choose a topic regarding wifi, 3G and 4G speeds I read it, remembered it and went over to a apple "genius" staff member and asked the same question from the forum, hoping to get the genius answers back as the forum members did. Although I had the answers off here the apple staff member looked up in the air, thought about it, umm'd and arrrr'd a bit then suggested I ring the apple UK support section. I was hoping they were so geniusfied that they'd blow my question out of the water. But like I've said, maybe that's just the UK and with jobs hard to find these days and minimilistic wages I don't think these genius staff members are indeed genius when it comes to apple and more than likely had jobs previously in customer service centres where the answers are from a script and not from the knowledge of the product.

iHolophyte
Actually i don't even know why they are called "genius" I'm not a genius but i'm way knowledgeable than those folks over there :) all they do is factory restore your device when they don't know the answer to the question or change the device. the worse is that they don't even know how sweet/sugar Jailbreak is :)

iHolophyte
yes,that the answer i get,ring Apple,thats ok if you have Apple support or warranty on your device but if you haven't then you're on your own,thank goodness for forums like this,maybe someone should tell Apple that their Apple stores are often letting people down,all i have had from the genius bar is a bigger phone bill.

yes,that the answer i get,ring Apple,thats ok if you have Apple support or warranty on your device but if you haven't then you're on your own,thank goodness for forums like this,maybe someone should tell Apple that their Apple stores are often letting people down,all i have had from the genius bar is a bigger phone bill.

Finally poisonivy and I agree. This could be a good year (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

I know this is a little late, but for the future get the Lifeproof case. It is amazing and 100% waterproof. Its kind of pricey $80 but as you know would have been money well spent