What's new

Looking for a good iPhone/iPod Medical App

jjohnson

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good medical iphone/ipod app that is NOT targeted to the professionals????

I have researched the appstore extensively on this subject because I have been looking for this type of app as well. I think an app called iHomeMD Pro is one of the best medical apps in the store. This app helps users to identify drugs to treat their medical conditions. If you know your diagnosed illness, you can search for drugs to treat your condition. iHomeMD Pro is particularly useful for people looking for over the counter drugs to treat common diseases. If you are proactive in your own (or family) medical/healthcare (like me), you will find this really is a handy tool to have around in your phone.

Most of other medical apps in the store are usually designed for professionals which often include too much information for my taste. I think iHomeMD Pro is the only app that provides direct reference on drug-disease relationship. This is important to me.

not sure what kind of medical app you are looking for.... I have
  • anatomy
  • pocket heart
  • hemodynamic
  • cathsource (related to cath lab procedures)

not sure what kind of medical app you are looking for.... I have
  • anatomy
  • pocket heart
  • hemodynamic
  • cathsource (related to cath lab procedures)
Lora... something tells me the OP won't need these. LOL!!! Prolly just looking for a well informing home medical guide. :)

Epocrates Great drug reference. Includes the mechanism of action, which is important in educational settings.