What's new

Latest OS versions - discussions

Never really thought much about updates before until it's one you need...lol. Then it's just the best thing ever along with this forum there is always help and info here. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sometimes Apple don't fulfil their promises, I complained last year that the sleep wake function on cases for iPad was interfering with the volume display, There was no way of telling what your volume was as there was no display.
They knew about it and I was promised that the next update would fix it but the year rolled along and it wasn't until we got iOS10 that it was fixed.
Fortunately that doesn't happen often. Apple are usually on the ball with updates.

Yes, they repaired AirDrop that broke in iOS 10.0.1 with 10.1

I'd hardly had time to figure out that it was actually broken until a forum member described the same problem. I had assumed I had a temporary glitch.

Some time ago, we had problems with ringtones. Apple fixed it as soon as possible.

Yes, they repaired AirDrop that broke in iOS 10.0.1 with 10.1

I'd hardly had time to figure out that it was actually broken until a forum member described the same problem. I had assumed I had a temporary glitch.

See a problem shared is a problem halved...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes Apple don't fulfil their promises, I complained last year that the sleep wake function on cases for iPad was interfering with the volume display, There was no way of telling what your volume was as there was no display.
They knew about it and I was promised that the next update would fix it but the year rolled along and it wasn't until we got iOS10 that it was fixed.
Fortunately that doesn't happen often. Apple are usually on the ball with updates.
One thing I've learned from developing apps in Linux and Android is that it's often not as simple as getting into the code and patching a bug. A bug fix needs to be tested so that it doesn't break existing code or cause a problem in an upcoming new feature. It's often preferable to let a bug slide while something else is being implemented and then tackle the bug. Software is quite a complex world.

One thing I've learned from developing apps in Linux and Android is that it's often not as simple as getting into the code and patching a bug. A bug fix needs to be tested so that it doesn't break existing code or cause a problem in an upcoming new feature. It's often preferable to let a bug slide while something else is being implemented and then tackle the bug. Software is quite a complex world.
Yes I'm sure most of don't realise that, Happily this year I have a new iPad and a new case with sleep/wake function and it all works :)

3 of my devices are updated to 10.1.1, my son's iPhone 6 is updating right now.

It shows up on my 5s. It'll probably get there eventually.
I think I found out why. A few minutes ago I received the update notice for iOS 10.2 Developer Beta 1. I assume the public beta will be released in the next day or so.

Added information to the lead post concerning requirements for latest versions of iTunes. In order to use iDevices running iOS 10, iTunes 12.5.x must be used. This version requires Windows 7 or later, or OS X Mavericks or later.