What's new

Last Straw

It was a certified apple adapter. There have been updates that should cause this issue. From what I can find the official Apple adapters are two lighting ports. I don't feel like using 2 dongles for my headphones.

If it's Apple certified, it should be okay. We have a Belkin charger/headphone adapter we bought at our local store; the employee who helped us assured us that authorization guarantees it will work.

Don't buy cheap adaptors or cables. You pay for what you get it worked great for a few weeks/months/years and then STOP suddenly. They didn't mention in the fine print that the price you pay has already been used up in the amount of time it's worked so-so. Time's up, they want you to buy another sh/tty cable. Don't fall in that trap.

Your headaches will vanish as soon as you pony up the extra cash.

To get really far in the Apple game, you gotta ball outta control.

Don't buy cheap adaptors or cables. You pay for what you get it worked great for a few weeks/months/years and then STOP suddenly. They didn't mention in the fine print that the price you pay has already been used up in the amount of time it's worked so-so. Time's up, they want you to buy another sh/tty cable. Don't fall in that trap.

Your headaches will vanish as soon as you pony up the extra cash.

To get really far in the Apple game, you gotta ball outta control.

Absolutely!! I bought a cheap lightning cable because I wanted one a little longer, it lasted about 3 weeks. Just because it's certified doesn't mean it isn't made cheaply, Apple cables and chargers have never let me down.

We have a Belkin charge/headphone adapter. That's the one Apple employees assured us will work.

We have a Belkin charge/headphone adapter. That's the one Apple employees assured us will work.
To my knowledge they Belkin adapter has two lightning ports. And I don't want to have to use the lighting to 3.5mm headphone jack.

The iPhone 7+ comes with one. You don't need an additional Lightning-to-headphone adapter--unless you lost the one from the box?

Apple doesn't guarantee any external product. That explains your whole problem.

The iPhone 7+ comes with one. You don't need an additional Lightning-to-headphone adapter--unless you lost the one from the box?
The Apple ear buds don't fit my ears ask that well. And yes I have they adapter.

This is they adapter im using.
67e498ed60fde1a66094a3801d2d68fa.jpg

Your local Apple Store authorized the Amazon adapter? Apple doesn't normally authorize anything they don't certify themselves.

And if the headphones you use fit the Apple adapter, you're good with the Belkin splitter.

And if the headphones you use fit the Apple adapter, you're good with the Belkin splitter.
there inlays they problem. I don't want to have to use two adapters just you plugin my headphones. If Apple/Belkin would've made they adapter with one lighting and one 3.5mm jack I would've purchased that instead. I'm just frustrated. I'm trying my hardest to stay with my iPhone. I had even started looking at an iPad.

there inlays they problem. I don't want to have to use two adapters just you plugin my headphones. If Apple/Belkin would've made they adapter with one lighting and one 3.5mm jack I would've purchased that instead. I'm just frustrated. I'm trying my hardest to stay with my iPhone. I had even started looking at an iPad.
Belkin does sell an adaptor which plugs into the lightning port and has both a lightning port and a standard headphone jack.