What's new

JB for 4.2.8

I jailbroke 4.2.8 took me 10 mins. Nice and easy. Ih8sn0w did an update to his snowbreeze so that took care of all the errors people were having. No biggie now. Easy.

nayr said:
I just successfully jailbroke this version using redsn0w rc15 and the 4.2.6 ipsw file just like my 4.2.7 jailbreak. Follow the instructions from the other post as you may have to "boot tether" after the initial install...

Hooray!

How do u jailbreak ipod4 without downgrade

nayr said:
I just successfully jailbroke this version using redsn0w rc15 and the 4.2.6 ipsw file just like my 4.2.7 jailbreak. Follow the instructions from the other post as you may have to "boot tether" after the initial install...

Hooray!

How do u jailbreak ipod4 without downgrade

Use redsnow rc16 and u can untether jailbreak your ipod4 with the latest iOS 4.3.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may seem like a dumb question BUT...if I had a Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.8 and used pwnagetools to jailbreak, once I restore, do I restore from my backup in iTunes? Or will that somehow undo the jailbreak?

This may seem like a dumb question BUT...if I had a Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.8 and used pwnagetools to jailbreak, once I restore, do I restore from my backup in iTunes? Or will that somehow undo the jailbreak?

Yes if you are restoring the iOS, itune will fast format the hard disc and flash the iOS as new into your phone. So ofcourse you will lose your jailbreak and all your cydia apps as well. But you can jailbreak again, once the iOS restore is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read through some of the comments and cant quite make out alot of the talk in here..

But is there an untethered JB out for the newest VZ iOS?

Im still on the VZ Lauch OS and doing great.. but i do like to keep everything updated with apple as well, but i only feel like going through if there is a simple untethered JB out.

Thanks!

To make this clear as possible! I was jb on a verizon iphone4 4.2.8, someone I had to restore and when I went to re-Jb, I received a "Error 21" which I don't know how to fix. Please reply or email me at "[email protected]". Thank you.

is 4.2.8 Jailbroken?

yes of course!!

What do you recommend i use?? i Jailbroke my Verizon phone with green poison with 4.2.6 i was thinking about updating me i didnt want to loose all my apps and tweaks the phone runs great do u think its worth updating or just leave it be..?

i used sn0wbreeze i watched a youtube video and went from there
watch this
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uuHN-ZT21U]YouTube - ‪Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 & 4.2.8 UNTETHERED Sn0wBreeze‬‏[/ame]

is 4.2.8 Jailbroken?

yes of course!!

What do you recommend i use?? i Jailbroke my Verizon phone with green poison with 4.2.6 i was thinking about updating me i didnt want to loose all my apps and tweaks the phone runs great do u think its worth updating or just leave it be..?

Save your 4.2.6 shsh before upgrade. The latest firmware is not stable for some users, so to be able to downgrade later, shsh have to be saved.