What's new

JB and stuck in DFU

OpheliaCat

Reaction score
Ok, so I stupidly tried to JB my verizon iphone with the new 4.2.8 firmware and went to the everythingapplepro video to do it.....and now my phone is broken. It was stuck on the Apple logo start up screen for ages and wouldn't even let me reverse the process and restore the original software. And now my screen is black and won't turn on.

Did I just completely ruin my phone? Does anyone know what I can do or am I going to have to sheepishly go to Verizon and ask them to fix it for me?

Ok, so I stupidly tried to JB my verizon iphone with the new 4.2.8 firmware and went to the everythingapplepro video to do it.....and now my phone is broken. It was stuck on the Apple logo start up screen for ages and wouldn't even let me reverse the process and restore the original software. And now my screen is black and won't turn on.

Did I just completely ruin my phone? Does anyone know what I can do or am I going to have to sheepishly go to Verizon and ask them to fix it for me?

Put the device in recovery mode and restore the iOS using itunes. To put it in recovery mode, press power button/ home button until the screen off and on and once the screen comes on, release the power button but keep pressing the home button until you see the itunes logo follow by USB cable icon on the device screen. Then connect it to itunes and follow instructions on itunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk