What's new

Jailbreaking Methods for iPhone

Hey I'm in a pickle and need some help. So in cydia all the sources disappeared and I can't download or view my installed apps. So what I ask is if somebody could give me them? Plz? I would re-jailbreak but out of town and nowhere near a computer to do so

Hey I'm in a pickle and need some help. So in cydia all the sources disappeared and I can't download or view my installed apps. So what I ask is if somebody could give me them? Plz? I would re-jailbreak but out of town and nowhere near a computer to do so

You will want to post this in it's own thread and not hyjack this sticky.

utheterd jailbreak for a4 devices is out

Moderate, no external links!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you go about switching to untethered jailbreak if my OS is 5.0. Please help anyone!

You have to update to 5.0.1 via iTunes and then use redsn0w to JB

First post updated with current information. Had fallen a little behind during the holidays ;)

Hey everyone, new guy here. Since this thread is 12 pages long and a search of the thread yeilded zero results, I have a simple question.

If I jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4, can I get it to work on Virgin Mobile. I was laid off and $55 for everything is a lot better than $110 a month. While my LG Optimus is fine, it's not a iPhone.

Thanks.

Hey everyone, new guy here. Since this thread is 12 pages long and a search of the thread yeilded zero results, I have a simple question.

If I jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4, can I get it to work on Virgin Mobile. I was laid off and $55 for everything is a lot better than $110 a month. While my LG Optimus is fine, it's not a iPhone.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! To answer your question, no, jailbreaking does not unlock the phone, it only gives you root access to the filesystem. Also there is no way to unlock a Verizon iPhone since it is a CDMA iPhone.

Hi,

I recently purchased a iphone 4s. A check mend report shows that it is both 'ever blocked' and 'currently blocked'. Is there a jailbreak for the 4s yet? I heard rumours of 'green poison' or something? And, if i were to jailbreak it, would it unblock (not unlock) the phone?

Thanks.

Hi,

I recently purchased a iphone 4s. A check mend report shows that it is both 'ever blocked' and 'currently blocked'. Is there a jailbreak for the 4s yet? I heard rumours of 'green poison' or something? And, if i were to jailbreak it, would it unblock (not unlock) the phone?

Thanks.

Firstly there is no jailbreak for the iphone 4S but it would not unblock it even if there was.

Should proly add redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for iOS 5.0.1 (but not 5.0) untethered jailbreak.................................Whcih sucks..................i want a 5.0 untether.lol