What's new

Jailbreaking Methods for iPhone

Lolz..I am a lil upset I am new to this whole thing including the iPhone um use to the androids n this iPhone is taking me thru a loop

Lolz..I am a lil upset I am new to this whole thing including the iPhone um use to the androids n this iPhone is taking me thru a loop

The reason you are getting a hard time is the first post clearly says...

iPhone4S
There is currently no jailbreak for any version of IOS5 on the iPhone4S. Stay Tuned!

It doesn't get any clearer than that and we work very hard on this site. A little bit of effort from our members to read before they post is all we ask! :D

I didn't ask where one available well I shoulda asked did anyone know whether or not Cspire phones could be jail broken I kno my Samsung Galaxy couldn't be

I didn't ask where one available well I shoulda asked did anyone know whether or not Cspire phones could be jail broken I kno my Samsung Galaxy couldn't be

OK. Then for your information, the GSM carrier of an iPhone is irrelevant to jailbreaking, and there is no jailbreak for the iphone 4S yet.

I have an Iphone 4 with Ios5, I am wanting to get it unlocked so I can use it in Kuwait. does anybody have a timeline when an unlock might be released? I dont want to purchase an Iphone over here that is unlocled if I can get mine unlocked they are very expensive over here.

Thanks
Gary

I have an Iphone 4 with Ios5, I am wanting to get it unlocked so I can use it in Kuwait. does anybody have a timeline when an unlock might be released? I dont want to purchase an Iphone over here that is unlocled if I can get mine unlocked they are very expensive over here.

Thanks
Gary

there is no way, but if possible it is better just to pay the extra $ and get it unlocked instead of having the hassle of trying to unlock

Hmm, it sure is taking long for an untethered iPhone 4 jb :(

i know this is a pretty basic question, but i couldn't find an answer
i have the 4.3.5 tethered. if i want to upgrade to 5.0.1, i will have to restore factory settings, right?

if i jailbreak the iOS 5.0.1 tethered now, can i jailbreak it later untethered, without having to restore the factory settings, and without any problem?

besides, last time i restored the factory settings, i couldn't download the apps i had purchased from itunes again. they were available for buying, as if i had never bought them. how do i deal with that =/

thank you

yodavid said:
i know this is a pretty basic question, but i couldn't find an answer
i have the 4.3.5 tethered. if i want to upgrade to 5.0.1, i will have to restore factory settings, right?

if i jailbreak the iOS 5.0.1 tethered now, can i jailbreak it later untethered, without having to restore the factory settings, and without any problem?

besides, last time i restored the factory settings, i couldn't download the apps i had purchased from itunes again. they were available for buying, as if i had never bought them. how do i deal with that =/

thank you

You should be able to just plugged the phone to iTunes and restore to 5.0.1. Right now JB will tethered but later if untethered come out you can do it on top of it.

With iTunes apps will like you have to buy them again but after you clicked to buy it then iTunes will tell you that you already purchased that app and if you want to reinstalled. You be ok.

Hi I'm looking for a bit of help. I've got a 4s on ios 5.0 and I want to jailbreak it - yes I know it can't be done yet - I know that I shouldn't upgrade to ios 5.0.1 should I keep iTunes to 5.0 or can I upgrade iTunes but just not my iPhone? Thanks

Hi I'm looking for a bit of help. I've got a 4s on ios 5.0 and I want to jailbreak it - yes I know it can't be done yet - I know that I shouldn't upgrade to ios 5.0.1 should I keep iTunes to 5.0 or can I upgrade iTunes but just not my iPhone? Thanks
The general concensus is for people to stay on 5.0 if you're wanting an untethered JB. 5.0.1 included a patch for the exploit that was being worked for that untethered JB. It's not going to matter if you save 5.0.1 from iTunes or not... there's no way, as of right now, to downgrade. So, to answer your question... stay on 5.0 cause it has the exploit for an untethered break. How soon a JB will be available for the 4S, though... that is an even bigger question.

I'd like to upgrade to 5.0.1.
people on this thread (on the lastest posts) say it's not a good idea. As far as i understood, it's because there's no untethered jailbreak available. But iFrog answered that i can JB untethered, then, later, jailbreak tethered on top of it.

BUT: in the main post of this thread, there is no reference to an untethered JB for 5.0.1. which one should i look for?

You can JB tethered on 5.0 or 5.0.1 right now. However many news/rumors from developers say that 5.0 is been JB untethered but still on the works. We don't think that devs will waste another exploits trying to untether JB 5.0.1 and that's why if you stay on 5.0 then it will probably will be the best.

When untether 5.0 come then you can JB over your previous untethered JB but there is nothing available yet.

Hello all, I'm new to the iPhone and want to know if I can jailbreak my iPhone 4? I'm on ios5.0.1 firmware 3.0.03, is it possible or not? I've searched but couldn't find any info about it. If there is could ya give me a link or something? And if I posted in the wrong section I apologize! Like I said I've looked and couldn't find a straight answer!