What's new

Jailbreak 4.3.2

shortie

Reaction score
I may have made the mistake of updating my Iphone 4 to 4.3.2 (8H7)?????

I am looking to jailbreak my iphone (windows), can anyone advise me how i go about doing it. Do i need to somehow downgrade to another version. Also which software do i use as i have seen different options, some of which they want paying for.

Any help would be appreciated.

First things first. Never pay for any jailbreaking or unlocking tools. They are always free, anyone asking for you to pay is a scammer of some sort.

To downgrade you phone please see this thread,

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-hacking-17/how-do-downgrade-your-iphone-4-3-a-9736/

I need to update it for the latest firmware but it is exactly the same process.

If you find you can't downgrade, there is a jailbreak tool for 4.3.2 but I don't know if its available yet and its a tethered jailbreak.

If you can downgrade to 4.3.1 see the thread below on how to jailbreak it...

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-hacking-17/how-guide-jailbreak-ios-4-3-1-redsn0w-rc12-unteathered-10823/

It is available but you have to use redsn0w rc12 and point it to the 4.3.1 firmware, so i would not really use this method as its most likely not very stable and will bring you a tone of problems, and as Gaz so rightly pointed out.. its tethered

Well i have not been successful downgrading, my problem seems to be i have not backed up my SHSH's

it wont be long for a 4.3.2 un tethered jailbreak any way i give it another week or two max im guessing by the tweets from the devs

Yeah you can wait for the Untethered as Unleashed said. There is a tethered version but I'd just wait it out if I were you. They have said it will be here within this coming week.

Don't forget to back up your SHSH blobs as soon as you ever upgrade :)

i0n1c has confirmed that his untethered jailbreak exploit is still working for iOS 4.3.2. This is surprising but good news for jailbreakers.

Apple has been nice. I just verified that the untether vulnerability is not fixed in iOS 4.3.2 - my Ipad 1 is running untethered jailbroken

Of course the public untether binaries will not work with iOS 4.3.2 - I have to generate new untether binaries with new dyld/kernel offsets

I won't be able to create all the untether binaries before sunday, because I will be on planes, ...

The dev-team cannot produce the untether binaries on their own, because they don't have the source code to the untether exploit.

Well from what I hear lots of the problems people had with 4.3.1 (like wifi, 3g, ...) are gone in 4.3.2

Once I0n1c has produced the untether binaries for iOS 4.3.2 its likely that new version of RedSn0w and PwnageTool will be released by the iPhone Dev-Team. We'll let you know as soon as they are available.

.. thats been various twitter messages from him over the past few days since 4.3.2 was available

Yeah you can wait for the Untethered as Unleashed said. There is a tethered version but I'd just wait it out if I were you. They have said it will be here within this coming week.

Don't forget to back up your SHSH blobs as soon as you ever upgrade :)

Cheers mate, is there a How2 on here on how to do it lol, as i havent got a clue what SHSH is lol

it wont be long for a 4.3.2 un tethered jailbreak any way i give it another week or two max im guessing by the tweets from the devs

Ok then i'll keep an eye out. I've been recommend to use greenpois0n in the past as its supposed to be most stable? Is it worth waiting for their release?

you would use an app called TinyUmbrella. but i dont think it has been updated for 4.3.2 yet

I'll be using whoevers comes out first. If there are any stability problems or bugs found they will release updates versions.

Redsnow will be the tool for jailbreaking 4.3.2

Once you jailbreak you can back up your SHSH's in cydia by pressing the make my life easier button or you can use tinyumbrella whenever you please...

hey guys,

I'm currently on iphone 4 iOS 4.3. Tiny umbrella has my SHSH blobs for 4.3.1 & 4.3.2. Don't ask me how i was able to get 4.3.1 SHSH signed on 4/19 as i though apple stopped signing them.

My question is on jailbreaking which is the best route i head into if I'm interested in SIM unlock at some point.