What's new

It can't be this hard???

DanTheDriver

Reaction score
Ok seriously, it can't be this hard to do such a simple task.
I want to transfer pictures from my Windows 7 PC to my IPhone 4S.
I am new to IPhone and have been a long time devoted Crackberry addict. Did I make a mistake if Apple made such a simple task so difficult?

Please tell me how this can be done in an easy and painless way.

The trouble with the sync method is I dont want all the pictures just a few of them. Can ya not just pick and choose?
As for emailing them to myself...really? Your kidding right? Apple made this one harder then it really needs to be I am guessing.

Poisonivy is not kidding. When you only want a few pictures transferring, emailing them is the simplest method. I've been recommending it for a long time as a way of transferring pictures between iPad and iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Use iTunes..
Click on you iPhone.. Then go to photos and select the folder with the pictures.. Then sync.. Easy :)

if you want just specific pictures take the pictures out of the current folder there in and put them in a separate folder and do the quoted method.. not that difficult..

Ya thats what I ended up doing. You would think a company as big as apple could make this much easier though. Very "backwoods" method of picture transfer.

I get a prompt pop up the second I plug my phone into my Windows 7 laptop.

The prompt says "Transfer Photos from this device".

I don't even have to do anything except choose the photos I want to transfer. All that's needed to to plug my phone in.

I get a prompt pop up the second I plug my phone into my Windows 7 laptop.

The prompt says "Transfer Photos from this device".

I don't even have to do anything except choose the photos I want to transfer. All that's needed to to plug my phone in.
I think the OP is talking about going the opposite way, from PC to iPhone.

idave23 said:
I think the OP is talking about going the opposite way, from PC to iPhone.

Yeah...your totally right.

I use Dropbox to sync photos between my computer and iPhone..but I'm sure he doesn't want to do that..maybe he does.

Just simply drag and drop any picture on you PC in the Dropbox folder...open the Dropbox.app on iPhone...your pictures are there.

You just have to be connected to wifi so the picture are good quality..then you can save then to the Camera Roll. Tedious tho..and not ideal unless your reay familiar with it.

If the phone is jailbroken you can just drag and drop the pics into General Storage, then use iFile to access them..can save them to the Camera Roll by taking screenshots that way as well.

There are many other ways to go about this. But my fingers are sore.

Theres an app called "photosync". Easiest method by far, drag the pics you want on the pc into the desktop app and viola.

wingzfan61 said:
Theres an app called "photosync". Easiest method by far, drag the pics you want on the pc into the desktop app and viola.

That's the same exact thing as Dropbox, SugarSync, Cloud2go, etc. except those I mentioned work with *all* file types...not *only* photos.

I use the Dropbox app. You install it on your computer and on your phone and it's a super easy way to transfer pics from your computer to your phone and vice versa. You just drag pictures into the Dropbox folder on your computer and it'll show up on your phone. Or you open the Dropbox app on your phone and add pics from your photo album to your computer. Very easy.