How do I transfer jpegs from my PC to my iPhone album?

Discussion in 'iPhone General Discussion' started by adamajah, Oct 25, 2011.

1. adamajah

adamajah New Member

When I connect my iPhone4S via USB to my PC it appears as an external hard drive and I can copy pictures from the \DCIM directory, however I cannot paste pictures onto my iPhone.

A google search made it seem like I need a special app to do this.

Is this true, or is there a work-around (without jail-breaking)? If I need a 3rd party app or PC software, recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    :photos:
  2. iCrank

iCrank Member Staff Member

The only way to put pictures onto the iPhone is to either use iTunes or ssh the pictures into the phone. The iPhone will not work as a external harddrive/USB unless jailbroken.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. adamajah

adamajah New Member

Got it. Thanks for your help!
  4. Priest

Priest New Member

You can also use an app like PhotoSync that will allow you to transfer photos to/from your iPhone.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Redtrolley

Redtrolley New Member

Apps like HappyFingers also works but you can also copy a file on a computer and paste it onto a message on your phone which isnt bad. works a bit like pcsuite used to.
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Another great app is the app iFiles ($3.99, USD). Please note this is the app from the App Store, not the jail broke app from Cydia (this one has an "S" at the end).

Anyway.

With iFiles, you can set up the app to show up on your Windows PC as a networked drive, transfer via the web browser or transfer between devices. This transfer works for any file, not just pictures. If you have the app set up as a network drive, it is a simple drag 'n' drop action. And, it's two-way in that you can go from the PC to the phone and vice versa.

EDIT TO ADD: Once you get the file to the app on your phone, the app has an "Open In..." feature and a Save feature so you can, for example, save a photo to your Photo app or open a file in another app.

It's one of my favorite "get stuff back and forth apps. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn
  7. Bluesjam

Bluesjam New Member

Why not use the iCloud. You can then paste you pic in the upload folder on your PC and then it will be in your PhotoStream folder on your iPhone then you can save it to another folder. Can't get and easier than that.
  8. iceromanty

iceromanty New Member

Connect your iPhone in which you sync it to the PC. Don't use any other computer as you might end up loosing your data. Click the sidebar of the iPhone of iTunes, this is after a successful data cable iPhone connection. Click the photo tab on the snapshot as seen. Choose the photo folder to transfer to the iPhone, then on the sync button at the bottom right, click it in order to transfer the pictures to your iPhone.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013