What's new

Issue resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no damage. Clean your screen thoroughly up there. It’s a tiny piece of dust, reflecting the light you’re shining on it.

I”m asking if this scratches affect the Face ID sensor I use to unlock my phone if so I will try a different Apple store after the holidays

I wouldn't blame the TrueDepth camera if it does in fact give up on you because of that "scratch," just like how everyone has pretty much given up on you and this pointless thread. Stop wasting our time on this forum as well as the iMore forum with these BS posts and move on. And for the love of whomever it is you pray to, get a life!

Now with that being said if you aren't in fact a troll and have a legitimate issue or question, myself, and I'm sure other members will be more than happy to assist you.

Last edited:
I asked for you to respond or another admin and I saw a smudge so I cleaned with a microfiber cloth brand name whoosh that the Apple store uses then that showed and it not removeable.

Is this even covered under warrenty and will it mess up Face ID and Apple rep told me I can cause issues down the road?

IMG_0216.JPG

I asked for you to respond or another admin and I saw a smudge so I cleaned with a microfiber cloth brand name whoosh that the Apple store uses then that showed and it not removeable.

Is this even covered under warrenty and will it mess up Face ID and Apple rep told me I can cause issues down the road?
That mark would be considered cosmetic damage and cosmetic damage is not covered under the standard warranty, as has been explained to you in several of your previous threads. It shouldn’t cause problems with FaceID unless it covers the camera.

Oh ok that’s the answer I was looking for and why did the apple rep lie about it causing issues down the road and the question was for the admin to respond and both of you did respond.

With apple care plus this won’t be covered also ?
It would be covered under the accidental damage provision in AppleCare+ after payment of the deductible. AppleCare+ includes up to two instances of accidental damage over the two year period.

It would be covered under the accidental damage provision in AppleCare+ after payment of the deductible. AppleCare+ includes up to two instances of accidental damage over the two year period.
Is a scratch consider an accidental damage or cosmetic if it’s cosmetic I guess apple care plus won’t cover it.

Is a scratch consider an accidental damage or cosmetic if it’s cosmetic I guess apple care plus won’t cover it.
AppleCare+ should cover any accidental damage to the iPhone that prevents normal operation.
The answer you want, though, it that Apple will cover it. You won't get that answer from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.