What's new

Issue resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case you have on your picture can’t possibly make those marks you show us.
The case is open and there has probably been something harder than aluminium in a pocket or case that made these marks when carrying them together.
And there is no metal to buy that can be coloured all the way through like you would like it to be.
That is something that has not been invented yet.
I got some small marks like those on my iPhone 7 because there has cone particles of metal and sand between the case and phone in my work as a service technician.
Nothing much to do about it other than I should have gotten a LifeProof instead from the beginning like I had on my iPhone 5 and 6.
They both look brand new when I removed the case after 2 years and gave them away.
The 5 has a new LifeProof and still look like new when we had it out a while ago. [emoji1360]
Next time I think I will try a silver coloured iPhone and that way scratches will be hard to see. [emoji6]

I will once I know that I won’t get charged for the damage they did
The damage THEY did?
From what I have seen in your various and many posts you scrutinise your phones looking for issues and if that scuff had been there from the outset you would surely have seen it well before now.

I see but Apple store gave me it like that isn’t there fault not mine.

Which if that is in fact true, you shouldn’t have waited 2 weeks or 4 weeks or even 10 minutes to go back in the Apple store and show them the “scuff.” By you waiting this long, it makes it look like either you or the case scuffed the phone and you’re just looking for sympathy and hope that you’ll get a new one. I have the stainless steel model and my first case scratched it up which was a clear case, so I bought a jet white peel case and now I can’t even see the scratches. That’s the beauty of the iPhone Upgrade Program. You’re allowed cosmetic wear and tear when you trade it in as long as there are no major dents or cracks. Just put your case back on or get a different case and put that on, and enjoy the phone! You don’t look at the back while you’re using it anyway, and unless you’re using a clear case, you’re not even going to see the scuff if you look at the back of the phone with a case on.

I see but Apple store gave me it like that isn’t there fault not mine.
Unless the new iPhone was opened in the Apple Store in front of the staff and the defect noticed at that time they'd have no way of knowing if the defect was present on the iPhone when bought.

Unless the new iPhone was opened in the Apple Store in front of the staff and the defect noticed at that time they'd have no way of knowing if the defect was present on the iPhone when bought.
I agree and with the rigorous standards Apple impose on everything that leaves their plants it's highly unlikely that that an iPhone would be passed like that.

I agree and with the rigorous standards Apple impose on everything that leaves their plants it's highly unlikely that that an iPhone would be passed like that.

Exactly! I dropped my phone in the toilet but I swear it came from Apple with water damage. I have a Genius Bar appointment in an hour to tell them how disappointed I am and that I’m not leaving without an exchange free of charge. Think I’ll get a new one?

Exactly! I dropped my phone in the toilet but I swear it came from Apple with water damage. I have a Genius Bar appointment in an hour to tell them how disappointed I am and that I’m not leaving without an exchange free of charge. Think I’ll get a new one?

*giggles*.... Well? Did it work??

dude I hate to say it, but you're simply "that guy" that is never ever happy smh

Here the result the scuff is cosmetic damage and no needed repair at all.

I had a screen issue they told me to remove the glass and buy a new one.

Now new issue appears there some white sports now on screen after installing new glass is it dust or dead pixel or coating rubbed off
That’s dust. You don’t get dead pixels by removing and installing a screen protector.

Here the result the scuff is cosmetic damage and no needed repair at all.

I had a screen issue they told me to remove the glass and buy a new one.

Now new issue appears there some white sports now on screen after installing new glass is it dust or dead pixel or coating rubbed off

I think they’re dead brain cells. Might want to get a replacement.

Great to know that’s not a dead pixel and the dude who installed for me left dust there and the mall was packed didn’t have much time to check it.
Dead pixels are black, and don’t light up, so that’s impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.