What's new

Is it possible to get the Map app to tell me how to get from where I am to a certain destination?

jmt356

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the Map app to tell me how to get from where I am to a certain destination?
If so, how?
If not, is there another app that can do this?

Ask Siri "how do I get to $ADDRESS_HERE". I have done this numerous times and Siri's responses have always been correct.

Who (or what) is Siri? I believe Siri is available only on iOS 8. I am using an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2.

Last edited:
Who (or what) is Siri?

If you have a recent iPhone, long-press the Home button. This will invoke Siri.

From the Siri page on Apple's website:
"Siri lets you use your voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and more. Ask Siri to do things just by talking the way you talk. Siri understands what you say, knows what you mean, and even talks back. Siri is so easy to use and does so much, you’ll keep finding more and more ways to use it."

More info about Siri can be found here: Apple - iOS 8 - Siri

Who (or what) is Siri? I believe Siri is available only on iOS 8. I am using an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2.
Siri is not available on the iPhone 4. It's only availible for the iPhone 4S and later and iPad 3 and later. The iPhone 4 doesn't have the hardware capability to support Siri.

Last edited:
When I long-press the Home button on the iPhone 4, I get a blue screen that says "Voice Control" on the top. However, most of my commands, including "FaceTime" and "Photos," do not do anything. Usually, the iPhone returns the message "No match found."

I was able to get it to play a song by saying "Play," but it did not recognize "Play Next" or "Cancel." It did however recognize the command "What is this song called" while the song was playing.