What's new

Map App

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
How do I get the maps app to stay on when I am in the middle of a trip and its guiding me to my destination?
As well is there a way to get it into landscape mode?

Thanks

n0m0n said:
Hello,
How do I get the maps app to stay on when I am in the middle of a trip and its guiding me to my destination?

Thanks

Turn off auto lock.

Hello,

Thanks

The inbuilt map app in like the setting app, the phone call app and some other apps, they don't turn in landscape mode.

n0m0n said:
Hello,

Thanks

Turn off auto lock.

OK thought there might be a separate option for just map.
Thanks

Hello,

Thanks

The inbuilt map app in like the setting app, the phone call app and some other app's, they don't turn in landscape mode.

Hmmm thats interesting I can understand settings, phone contacts, and a few other app's not having the option for landscape but maps???
OH well maybe in iOS5?
It is much better in landscape when traveling then portrait, in my opinion...
Guess I need to look at a third party then...

Thanks

n0m0n said:
Hmmm thats interesting I can understand settings, phone contacts, and a few other app's not having the option for landscape but maps???
OH well maybe in iOS5?

Thanks

You may want to try mapquest 4 mobile. It's the only map app i'v tried other than the stock app. But it does have both the non-locking and landscape feature. Also it's a full version app that's free!

Tweaker.ET said:
You may want to try mapquest 4 mobile. It's the only map app i'v tried other than the stock app. But it does have both the non-locking and landscape feature. Also it's a full version app that's free!

I like Mapquest4.

n0m0n said:
OH well maybe in iOS5?

Thanks

Thanks I will give that a try.

jbs06civicsi said:
Have you tried it Darkstar? Is it better than tomtom?

Well for the price difference yes lol but you have to have constant 3G connection for it to work. So Tom Tom wins in that category. Though i don't travel much so it works great for me! I wish there was an option to download the map your using just in case you lose signal on the way to your destination.