What's new

iPhone 4S Specs

The improvements are only marginal over the iPhone 4. Apple did was add a Higher MP camera and the A5 processor that is found in the iPad 2. A larger screen is what i really want to see on the next iPhone.
I do like that the new iPhone 4S is a hybrid GSM/CDMA world phone.

How can you say marginal when the GPU is 7X faster and the CPU is dual core? That alone will make the iPhone very snappy. Since the iOS and the users app can now run in two cpu as two independent threads.

I would like to assume that the Processor is clocked at 1Ghz since its the same that is found in the iPad 2.

Don't assume that at all. Highly likely that it will be clocked at 800Mhz for battery life.

Hi.
I am planning on pre-ordering the 4S on 10/7 but I have two big questions that I need to understand before I can make a decision on which phone and which carrier.

1) My understanding is that Verizon can't support voice and date simultaneously due to CDMA. Will this continue to be true on the 4S, and what about Spring. I have a 3GS currently with AT&T, and I'm not willing to give up multitasking. AT&T gives lousy reception in my home so I'm ready to jump ship, but it would really help to know this.
2) I'm trying to decide between 8MB and 16MB. My 3GS is 16MB. But now with everything being in/on the cloud, do I need 16MB? I'd love to know more about the cloud, and how it works.

I apologize if my 2nd question is too vague.

Verizon and sprint are CDMA networks and their 3G network only supports one connection at a time, either voice or data not both.
Verizon only supports simultaneous voice and data with a 4g phone.

As for which size to get, the 4S will come in the following sizes: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. the iPhone 4 will be reduced in capacity to 8GB.

That makes since, they really didn't change much fron the iPhone 4 to the 4S and the battery is probably the same size as well.

im stuck between a rock and a hard place,but i guess i will buy the new iphone....such a hard decision....lol

its the same battery from what im told considering that they packed all that in to the phone i dont see how the life can be that good at all

its the same battery from what im told considering that they packed all that in to the phone i dont see how the life can be that good at all

That one is easy to define actually. The Dual Core A5 had much better battery management than the A4. Probably on around 25 to 30% better. It has to do with the nanometer tech used to build the CPU.

Verizon and sprint are CDMA networks and their 3G network only supports one connection at a time, either voice or data not both.
Verizon only supports simultaneous voice and data with a 4g phone.

As for which size to get, the 4S will come in the following sizes: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. the iPhone 4 will be reduced in capacity to 8GB.

Oops. Yes, my mistake. I meant to say that I'm trying to decide between 16mb and 32mb, but my big unknown is how the cloud will impact things. If everything (music, photos, movies, etc) is kept in the cloud, then what is the need for the 32 over the 16. Does that mean that I'll be using part of my data package every time I want to play a song that's in the cloud?

Oops. Yes, my mistake. I meant to say that I'm trying to decide between 16mb and 32mb, but my big unknown is how the cloud will impact things. If everything (music, photos, movies, etc) is kept in the cloud, then what is the need for the 32 over the 16. Does that mean that I'll be using part of my data package every time I want to play a song that's in the cloud?

You don't play song or use information from the cloud in real time. iCloud is for storage, email and backup. You still must have a copy of the data on your iPhone to interact with it.

I would like to know is the phone is the same size as the iphone 4 I have the extra battery case and want to make sure it can fit the iphone4s, Thanks in advance

Bill

I use a Contour HD 1080p helmet cam to video youth hockey games. It is a fixed focus camera, so that is ideal me. The camera files are just under 4 GB for each of the three hockey game periods, with an elapsed time of 25 to 30 minutes.

Has anyone seen how long the phone can be used as a video camera before the battery runs flat? I am willing to carry one of the after market battery packs if need be, but I am curious about being able to record about an hour to an hour and a half without doing so.

Any data available about that?

Would of like to have seen a different physical feature as far as the overall thickness of the iPhone 4s or even an hdmi port...

Would of like to have seen a different physical feature as far as the overall thickness of the iPhone 4s or even an hdmi port...

You can expect those on the next coming iPhone 5, in fact did Apple really disappointed us? No. Those concept pictures of iPhone 5 which was going on all over the Internet was what turn our mind thinking that "ok the new iPhone will be something else" where by Apple didn't break it's principles yet, iPhone 3G- iPhone 3GS (outside is the same but the inside is different), iPhone 4G- iPhone 4GS (outside is the same but the inside is different).