What's new

iPhone 4S Specs

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to create a thread that I will update with the specs for the iPhone 4S as soon as it is confirmed.

Current list:
  • Dual Core A5 Processor (7x graphics speed, 2x processor speed over previous iPhone 4)
  • Retina Display
  • Improved Battery Life (8 Hours Talk Time)
  • True World Phone (GSM/CDMA in one phone)
  • Improved Camera 8 Megapixels (30% Sharper, 73% more sensitive to light, Improved Lenses)
  • 1080P True HD Video Capability (With Stabilization)
  • Voice Control/Integration/Assistant
  • Improved Antenna design and usage
  • HSDPA Improvements (faster upload/download speeds)
  • Previous Gen 5.8 Down / 7.2 Up -- Now 14.4Mbps Down
  • Same Exterior as iPhone 4
  • Sprint, AT&T and Verizon supported

Specs updated as they come in...

Previous Gen 5.8 Down / 7.2 Up -- Now 14.4Mbps Down

i have 9.2? on mine

Sprint support confirmed.

you know i just broke my 4 and dropped off this site for a bit but now i have to say i will be back in to ios cause of this so see you all on the 14th i cant wait

Still not a single word on the iPhone 4S memory foot print. I really want to know if it is 512MB or 1GB.

Still not a single word on the iPhone 4S memory foot print. I really want to know if it is 512MB or 1GB.

Hi all, first post.

Just been reading up on the iPhone 4S specs, not seen anything on memory footprint either. Also what speed is the dual core processor running at?

Cheers,

Dan

The improvements are only marginal over the iPhone 4. Apple did was add a Higher MP camera and the A5 processor that is found in the iPad 2. A larger screen is what i really want to see on the next iPhone.
I do like that the new iPhone 4S is a hybrid GSM/CDMA world phone.

Hi.
I am planning on pre-ordering the 4S on 10/7 but I have two big questions that I need to understand before I can make a decision on which phone and which carrier.

1) My understanding is that Verizon can't support voice and date simultaneously due to CDMA. Will this continue to be true on the 4S, and what about Spring. I have a 3GS currently with AT&T, and I'm not willing to give up multitasking. AT&T gives lousy reception in my home so I'm ready to jump ship, but it would really help to know this.
2) I'm trying to decide between 8MB and 16MB. My 3GS is 16MB. But now with everything being in/on the cloud, do I need 16MB? I'd love to know more about the cloud, and how it works.

I apologize if my 2nd question is too vague.