What's new

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 JAILBREAK RELEASE DATE iOS 5 UNTETHERED!

I don't think SOPA would mean jail breaking would be illegal. Right off the bat, I need to say I am against SOPA - don't wanna debate it, but just wanted to establish that point before I continue. As I understand it SOPA is supposedly aimed at CURRENTLY illegal activity. Jail breaking isn't illegal, it simply voids a warranty. So SOPA is aimed at things like piracy and such. I don't think it will have any effect in jail breaking. But I fully admit I could be wrong.

Take care,
Rob

I don't think SOPA would mean jail breaking would be illegal. Right off the bat, I need to say I am against SOPA - don't wanna debate it, but just wanted to establish that point before I continue. As I understand it SOPA is supposedly aimed at CURRENTLY illegal activity. Jail breaking isn't illegal, it simply voids a warranty. So SOPA is aimed at things like piracy and such. I don't think it will have any effect in jail breaking. But I fully admit I could be wrong.

Take care,
Rob

It's very off-topic IMHO but I don't think SOPA will pass anytime soon anyway.

Anyone have anything on the latest progress for the A5 JB?? musclenerd and pod2g have both been quiet for 2 days now... nothing new on the dev team site either.

Anyone have anything on the latest progress for the A5 JB?? musclenerd and pod2g have both been quiet for 2 days now... nothing new on the dev team site either.

This was posted at our JB thread on our ipad site by Leigh ~ our JB expert:)

"A worrying development is that @ion1c seems to be suggesting that Siri may have some previously unknown jailbreak detection and stops working at some point after the iPhone4S is jailbroken... If this is true, they may well hold back release to identify and fix such a "serious" bug. Whilst it may not be serious for iPad2 owners, it would be a significant problem for 4S owners. More patience required....perhaps
wink.png
"

How many more "few days" are left? :p

This tweets are really teasing people... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The devs have gone kinda dark, last I have heard they are writing the jb into redsnow but no ETA yet. Oh and musclenerd has started to work on an unlock for the 4s on the 5.0.1 jb

Here is the latest news:

“@planetbeing: We're testing & fixing problems with the jb app (that @pimskeks finished the majority of at incredible speed). Still needs to be polished.”

Looks to be soon :D

Here is the news on the unlock:

"Well, Today we have another news for those who want to unlock their iPhone 4S, they should stay on iOS 5.0 to unlock their iPhone 4S. According to iClarified, MuscleNerd confirmed that he is working on unlock for iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0 so the users should stay on iOS 5. The upcoming iPhone 4S jailbreak will support iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1"

Here is the latest news:

“@planetbeing: We're testing & fixing problems with the jb app (that @pimskeks finished the majority of at incredible speed). Still needs to be polished.”

Looks to be soon :D

Jesus... Now even the JB App needs to be polished...

I bet when they are over they could all open a salon... lol

I gotta agree - I mean, I am grateful for all the hard work and such - but it seems like I have been hearing "it's only a few days now" since October. I am not a patient guy anyway, so this is killing me lol!

In the end, I really do wish I had the funds to donate - these guys work hard and give their work away when they are done. True - its NEVER gonna be fast enough for me, but I understand how hard they are working.

Take care,
Rob