What's new

iPhone 4S & iPad 2 JAILBREAK RELEASE DATE iOS 5 UNTETHERED!

Alright let me try to clear up some confusion here.

-there's is already a 5.0.1 jailbreak for all non A5 devices
-apple patched the glitch that made it possible for this jailbreak to work in there new 5.1 firmware.
-so now all non A5 devices would have to wait for the developers to find a new glitch in 5.1 to jailbreak.

This is where most of the confusion is coming from.

Now we get to what we are interested in:

-there is a jailbreak in progress for all A5 devices
-it will be out soon
-it is for 5.0.1
-apple cant patch this glitch yet because it hasn't come out to the public yet, so what ever the developers did, wont be known until it comes out and apple will surely patch it for 5.1
- this means that if the devs release the jailbreak before 5.1 comes out, it gives time for apple to patch the glitch, so we would have to wait a really long time until the devs find a new glitch in 5.1
-if the devs release the jailbreak after 5.1's release, then they can go ahead and make a jailbreak for 5.1 right off the bat with the same glitch found in 5.0.1, but it will only be for all A5 devices.

I hope this clears some things up :D

Alright let me try to clear up some confusion here.

-there's is already a 5.0.1 jailbreak for all non A5 devices
-apple patched the glitch that made it possible for this jailbreak to work in there new 5.1 firmware.
-so now all non A5 devices would have to wait for the developers to find a new glitch in 5.1 to jailbreak.

This is where most of the confusion is coming from.

Now we get to what we are interested in:

-there is a jailbreak in progress for all A5 devices
-it will be out soon
-it is for 5.0.1
-apple cant patch this glitch yet because it hasn't come out to the public yet, so what ever the developers did, wont be known until it comes out and apple will surely patch it for 5.1
- this means that if the devs release the jailbreak before 5.1 comes out, it gives time for apple to patch the glitch, so we would have to wait a really long time until the devs find a new glitch in 5.1
-if the devs release the jailbreak after 5.1's release, then they can go ahead and make a jailbreak for 5.1 right off the bat with the same glitch found in 5.0.1, but it will only be for all A5 devices.

I hope this clears some things up :D
thanks. that does clear it up- though complicated. :). if I had my way - the devs should wait for 5.1 before giving us the jb. 5.1 promises many improvements.

I totally agree, but on the other hand it's has been a long wait.
Patients is bitter but gives way to a sweet fruit.

I gotta agree - I would like to jailbreak now, and wait till they found a new jailbreak in 5.1 - I can be much more patient when I currently jailbroken :)

Take care,
Rob

I agree with above, as with my usage habits I have no 4s battery issues and haven't heard of any new features in 5.1 that ring my bell so to speak. Is there anything noteworthy besides battery issue fixes?

Oscar_D_Grouch said:
I agree with above, as with my usage habits I have no 4s battery issues and haven't heard of any new features in 5.1 that ring my bell so to speak. Is there anything noteworthy besides battery issue fixes?

I can say that after 1 day of my normal heavy usage of the 4s in 5.1 beta 3, battery seems to be quite a bit better than 5.0.1. I am reverting back to 5.0.1 soon to jailbreak, but at least its good

I can say that after 1 day of my normal heavy usage of the 4s in 5.1 beta 3, battery seems to be quite a bit better than 5.0.1. I am reverting back to 5.0.1 soon to jailbreak, but at least its good

So can someone please explain how to try out the new beta and then roll back to 5.0.1 in order to JB? This is my first iPhone so I'm not quite sure how stuff works but I would love to test out the new beta but still be able to roll back in order to JB. Thanks.

Tiffany84 said:
So can someone please explain how to try out the new beta and then roll back to 5.0.1 in order to JB? This is my first iPhone so I'm not quite sure how stuff works but I would love to test out the new beta but still be able to roll back in order to JB. Thanks.

You need a developer account in order to try the new beta.

Hey guys here's some more news on the jailbreak, the web is giving an ETA for tomorrow but the devs haven't confirmed.

Please do not post external JB links/information. We have our own experts here.

Last edited by a moderator:
thorn679 said:
Hey guys here's some more news on the jailbreak, the web is giving an ETA for tomorrow but the devs haven't confirmed.

Edited by Moderator ~

Who's that web guy? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

thorn679 said:

Edited by Moderator ~

It's gone...