What's new

IOS vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skull One said:
Twitter has been integrated on Android for a year across every phone made. iMessage like programs have existed on Android for over 18 months and are integrated. And iCloud isn't anything to brag about just yet. Android has much better backup utilities for data and if you root the phone, it has better backups than iOS does jailbroken.

And yes, iOS is missing a lot of things Android has. But don't think for a minute Steve Jobs will allow any of them to be added. I'll rattle off a few for fun.

Swype - Apple won't allow users to replace the built in keyboard. EVER.

Widgets - Jobs hates them. Mainly because they are background apps.

Self updating icons - Apple has ONE, the calendar app.

Applications on iOS have to meet a very strict set of design rules. Break one of them and your app doesn't get released. Android allows any design that is possible. Which means the user can find the best app that is tailored for their look and feel.

Don't get me wrong, I love iOS because it WORKS. But Android is the better design on paper. And sometime in the next two years, I expect it to be the better design on working phones.

I like both actually, it's a tough choice. I wish I could have both for them. I like iOS's simplicity and UI which is very eye pleasing.
Android is getting there. Using Android give me a PC like feel, and I am fee to do with it as I please.

They both have there pros and cons, I guess I'll have to wait and see what iOS 5 offers. But I'll probably go back with the iPhone. Then again I have an iPad 2, and that HTC Holiday looks nice. I don't know, months ago this would have been an easy decision.

So if you were looking to buy a new phone which would you choose, iPhone or Android?

That is a very easy choice at present. For the next seven months it will be the next iPhone released. Come spring of next year, I will reevaluate Android vs iOS.

Skull One said:
That is a very easy choice at present. For the next seven months it will be the next iPhone released. Come spring of next year, I will reevaluate Android vs iOS.

Why iOS now if there is a possibility that Android will surpass iOS in the future. I feel you though, depending on how iOS turns out, I may get the iPhone. But I'm not eligible for an upgrade until December. So I'll have time.

But I see why people like Android though. Once you learn how to use it, you kind of get a sense of freedom, where as with iOS you have a lot of restrictions. I like them both though, one does one thing better than the other and vice versa.

Skull One said:

Why iOS now if there is a possibility that Android will surpass iOS in the future. I feel you though, depending on how iOS turns out, I may get the iPhone. But I'm not eligible for an upgrade until December. So I'll have time.

But I see why people like Android though. Once you learn how to use it, you kind of get a sense of freedom, where as with iOS you have a lot of restrictions. I like them both though, one does one thing better than the other and vice versa.

As I stated previously, Android is 2 years from maturity. Based on the current road maps, I don't forsee Android having anything to reevaluate prior to Spring of next year. iOS on the other hand will finally reach maturity this Fall with iOS 5.

Also I have the luxury of not worrying about when I need to upgrade. One of the advantages of being old ;)

Skull One said:
As I stated previously, Android is 2 years from maturity. Based on the current road maps, I don't forsee Android having anything to reevaluate prior to Spring of next year. iOS on the other hand will finally reach maturity this Fall with iOS 5.

Also I have the luxury of not worrying about when I need to upgrade. One of the advantages of being old ;)

I know you said you will reevaluated the OSs in the spring, but what do you think about the Nexus Prime coming out in October donning the Android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich)?

I know you said you will reevaluated the OSs in the spring, but what do you think about the Nexus Prime coming out in October donning the Android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich)?

It will take at least 6 months for Android IC to get enough patches to see what it is truly capable of. If I had based my opinion on the initial release of Android Honeycomb, I would have called it a complete failure and a step backwards from Gingerbread. Since the first device to use it was the Xoom.

The second wave of hardware released under Ice Cream is what will set the tone for how good it is.

Skull One said:
It will take at least 6 months for Android IC to get enough patches to see what it is truly capable of. If I had based my opinion on the initial release of Android Honeycomb, I would have called it a complete failure and a step backwards from Gingerbread. Since the first device to use it was the Xoom.

The second wave of hardware released under Ice Cream is what will set the tone for how good it is.

I see. Thanks for your input, it has been very helpful for the deciding which I will continue with. I was very close to sticking with Android, but I will go with the next iPhone when it is released. Having had hands open Android has been an overall good experience, I hope iOS and the next iPhone doesn't disappoint.

I've used both and love iOS A LOT better then android by the way does anyone know how to get rid of a brand new android phone for like 400 or close to it without using eBay

sd6854 said:
I've used both and love iOS A LOT better then android by the way does anyone know how to get rid of a brand new android phone for like 400 or close to it without using eBay

Do you have Kijiji where you live? I find that a great place to sell phones, electronics etc.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Oh yea but I'm trying to get rid of a 400 dollar phone and people keep say they will pay 200 when it's brand new and never used

sd6854 said:
Oh yea but I'm trying to get rid of a 400 dollar phone and people keep say they will pay 200 when it's brand new and never used

People are scammers. Keep trying.

I mean atleast 300$ out of it so I can get this iPad I want but looks like I might be getting 250 for the phone...ugh POS android

Status
Not open for further replies.