What's new

iOS 6 GM Battery Life Tested !!!!

So you suggest that I just let others spread fud?

You don't know that his claim is fake. Especially considering the relevant post regarding the typical displaying of intermittent charging, which his screen doesn't seem to be showing.

I would say initially combination of screen brightness, amount the phone is around a strong wifi compared to 3G, limiting the location services so it's not always pinging off the GPS. Those are the main ones off the top of my head.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348189974.215893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you can see i dont use my phone a lot about an hour a day i use the phone for texting phone calls and a little web browsing no music at all.

I don't care if you believe it or not that's what I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair enough. But if you turn off 90% of the features of an iPhone (PUSH, etc) then why not just get a flip phone? My issue is that the 4S never got anywhere near Apple's promised battery life WHEN you used it with all its features turned on. You can cripple a phone, turn down it's screen to 50% brightness and get better battery life. But who wants to cripple their phone just to get closer to the battery life promised by Apple.

I should have mentioned this is not a 4s its an iphone 4.
Oh! That's makes all the difference in the world. I knew it couldn't be 4S battery life. But even on a 4 my daughter lost 40% battery life with upgrading from ios4 to ios5. So ios5, itself, created battery issues that then in combo with a 4S was a nightmare. Thanks for clarifying, EddieG! Now your results make sense.

I just looked at mine, 1st day with the IOS 6 49% battery 3hrs, 28 minutes usage. Standby 12hrs 33 minutes.
I use to keep my location services off but it's not where it use to be so it's on.

I just looked at mine, 1st day with the IOS 6 49% battery 3hrs, 28 minutes usage. Standby 12hrs 33 minutes.
I use to keep my location services off but it's not where it use to be so it's on.
Using what phone? A 4? A 4S? If that's a 4S that's amazing. If it's a 4 - not so much.

I have a 4s... this is what my battery life is looking like. Seems better than before.

$iOS6.jpg

Last edited: