I just tested my iOS 6 GM battery life 18% left

USAGE : 5 Hours ,42 Minutes
STANDBY : 1 Day ,7 Hours

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
What kind of use did the 5hrs, 42min see?

taking pictures 30-40 ,playing poker 45min , Skype 30 min , rest of just web browsing , and my settings where on the top like brightness , notifications , 3G ...
I will try to cut down on brightness of the screen and see how i do i find the brightness to be battery eater

only change i did for this testing is reduce brightness to 50% .....81% left
Usage : 1 Hour 49 Minutes - pictures , poker , web browsing
Standby: 7 Hours , 23 Minutes

I am calling fake on this one... one of two things are going on here....

1. you are not letting the phone fully charge (which doesn't reset the counters, but enable to keep your phone going for extended periods of time).
2. You are using an external power source, same scenario as the first...

I really wanted this to be true, but it just isn't possible... (and if it is, I want to know how too)

Well, since I'm getting an iPhone 5 and don't have an iPhone right now I have no idea, but I will be interested to see how it does on my iPad 2.

Hope it does work out. My old 3GS didn't have a problem until it upgraded to iOS5. My 4S's both started out with the whole battery dilemma upon buying. At first for my first 4S, I was thinking it was the replaced battery's problem (not replaced by Apple), then my friend had his changed by Apple but had the same problem even with an "Apple Certified" battery

Ok i just finish 2th round of testing on iOS 6 GM battery it was major improvements by cutting down brightness 50%
After all I'm happy with battery life on iOS 6 , i can live with brightness down 50%

Attachments

• $IMG_0546.jpg
    $IMG_0546.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
I've got to say, I believe I'm seeing better battery life here as well. I don't have anything solid yet, just know my usual points during the day and it doesn't seem to be discharging as fast. I won't know for sure until I settle down to regular usage and stop playing with the phone, but it does seem better.

Keep in mind, that is all relative for me since I was jailbroken.

oooo if you have JB phone and running winter board with theme and add on with winter board forget about it and not to mention all other tweaks

1. you are not letting the phone fully charge (which doesn't reset the counters, but enable to keep your phone going for extended periods of time).

I really wanted this to be true, but it just isn't possible... (and if it is, I want to know how too)

This is 100% wrong. It will tell you if the phone has been plugged in since the last full charge in both cases, which it does not in any picture on this thread.

oooo if you have JB phone and running winter board with theme and add on with winter board forget about it and not to mention all other tweaks
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I enjoyed my time with jailbreak but primarily had it for tethering. Since I switched to the bucket plan, I had no need for tethering anymore, so really, no need for jailbreak. I must say, it's nice being back to dead stock again.

Please don't be so fast to throw out the "fake" claim. Just because the results might not be the same for you doesn't mean they are false. If you don't agree, then just move on without being accusatory please.

So you suggest that I just let others spread fud?