What's new

iOS 10 Beta updates

Public Beta 2 is not yet available. My device shows it's up to date. Also, I couldn't find anything about a Public Beta update in the news. There's just the Developer Beta update, for now.

Public Beta 2 is not yet available. My device shows it's up to date. Also, I couldn't find anything about a Public Beta update in the news. There's just the Developer Beta update, for now.
You're correct, I've edited my original post.

Is there a time limit to how long you can use a beta version once a new one is released?
Beta versions of iOS software generally have expiration dates, which aren't announced in advance. If you're still on a beta version of iOS when it expires your device will become unusable and will have to be restored, losing all data as a consequence.
Developers and public beta testers are advised to update to the latest beta software when it becomes available, thereby avoiding any chance of still being on an old beta version when it expires.

Beta versions of iOS software generally have expiration dates, which aren't announced in advance. If you're still on a beta version of iOS when it expires your device will become unusable and will have to be restored, losing all data as a consequence.
Developers and public beta testers are advised to update to the latest beta software when it becomes available, thereby avoiding any chance of still being on an old beta version when it expires.
As I said in a previous post as of tomorrow I have no way of updating for another week if its not out within the next few hours

As I said in a previous post as of tomorrow I have no way of updating for another week if its not out within the next few hours
As I said in a previous post, there's no way to know in advance how long a beta version of iOS will continue to work before expiring. The one thing that is known for sure is that it won't expire before the next beta is released. Also, Apple does not announce in advance when the next beta will be released.

Last edited:
I am curious to know how different the public is to the developers version
They're likely to be virtually identical, with developer beta 3 the equivalent of public beta 2. The biggest difference is that you have to be on the developer beta if you want to update an Apple Watch to watchOS 3 beta.

The last one was made available sometime this week. I've updated yesterday.